Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The movie get out compared to Heredity Midsommerthoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The movie get out compared to Heredity Midsommerthoughts?

Loved this movie. Jordan peele s h i ts on Ari Aster of Heredity and Midsommer fame. Get out was much better paced, organized and was more frightening and creepy imo.

I haven not been able to see Us yet, Peele's next film, but the guy has an eye and a way with handling his subject.

I watched "Us" a couple weeks back, I liked it better than "Get Out". "Us" is a solid movie with a good twist. Little transparent on social commentary but otherwise a good watch. I enjoyed Hereditary, it was dark and parts of it threw me off. Creepy flick.

Comment

Jordan Peele has a bright future as a director for the next couple of years in Hollywood.

Comment

I rented Midsommer the other night. As much as I enjoy a good psychological thriller/horror flick, this one disappointed. It seemed like he was just trying too hard to be artsy and edgy. Kind of heavy-handed on the gratuitous gore and attempts at shocking the audience. There were elements I liked, but it went on too long and in the end I just felt meh, it fell flat. "Hereditary" was way better. As was Peele's "Us".

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          I watched "Us" a couple weeks back, I liked it better than "Get Out". "Us" is a solid movie with a good twist. Little transparent on social commentary but otherwise a good watch. I enjoyed Hereditary, it was dark and parts of it threw me off. Creepy flick.
          What I can't stand about Heredity and Midsommer is the slow pace at times and the ending in both seems anticlimatic. I have to see US again because the version I saw was a mess lol, and I am not buying the movie!

I liked Get Out because it was legitimately creepy, the idea behind it especially. I also thought the acting was pretty good, though there were some major weaks spots... For example, Yeah sure, one guy who knows a choke is going to wrangle people, alone (presumably) off the street, and his concerned family will let him do so alone. But Rose was a creepy character the way her look changes so dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            I rented Midsommer the other night. As much as I enjoy a good psychological thriller/horror flick, this one disappointed. It seemed like he was just trying too hard to be artsy and edgy. Kind of heavy-handed on the gratuitous gore and attempts at shocking the audience. There were elements I liked, but it went on too long and in the end I just felt meh, it fell flat. "Hereditary" was way better. As was Peele's "Us".
            I feel like Aster does not know how to build tension properly. He builds up then goes down, and you never feel a sense that things are coming to a head. Compare the way he ends a movie to something like, Coppala's dracula where you have this great chase scene, leading to the final scene(s).

Comment

Naked grandmas are pretty creepy

Comment

while i like his comedy stuff (love key and peele) get out to me was just an OK film. hereditary and midsommar on the other hand i thought were awesome

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  What I can't stand about Heredity and Midsommer is the slow pace at times and the ending in both seems anticlimatic. I have to see US again because the version I saw was a mess lol, and I am not buying the movie!

I liked Get Out because it was legitimately creepy, the idea behind it especially. I also thought the acting was pretty good, though there were some major weaks spots... For example, Yeah sure, one guy who knows a choke is going to wrangle people, alone (presumably) off the street, and his concerned family will let him do so alone. But Rose was a creepy character the way her look changes so dramatically.
                  I felt like "Get Out" was very predictable and I knew where it was going from the start. It was an entertaining flick, but it didn't check the squares for me. I liked the twist ending of "Us" and how it came full circle with an open ending.

Hereditary had some creepy ass moments, but like you said, it moved a bit too slow and it took almost to the end to really come together. He needs to work on his pacing.

Comment

I'm a huge horror fan, which kind of sucks because horror is rarely done well. That being said, Jordan Peele has been killing it. Get Out and US....that's as good of a start as anyone could hope for.

Comment

Working...
                    X