No announcement yet.

If Crawford needs to fight Porter, Charlo needs to fight Derevyanchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Crawford needs to fight Porter, Charlo needs to fight Derevyanchenko

I don’t see the point in Terence Crawford fighting Shawn Porter. Porter lost to Brook, Spence and Thurman. He also should have lost to Ugas. The fight doesn’t interest me at all and I want to see Crawford fight another champion so we can get to an undisputed welterweight champion already.

That being said, the same people pushing Crawford to fight Porter are telling Charlo not to unify with Andrade. They also complain that GGG and Canelo are ducking Charlo.

Well, why doesn’t Charlo fight Derevyanchenko then? Derevyanchenko is basically the same thing as Porter, he’s a guy who gave tough fights to the champions in his division. He doesn’t have a belt to offer but so what? Charlo doesn’t have many options since he stayed loyal to his promoter instead of crossing the street. In fact, Derevyanchenko is a PBC fighter so it would be easy to make.

Oh that’s right, crawford-porter benefits PBC more than it benefits Top Rank so all the PBC fan boys insist that fight has to happen. Charlo-Derevyanchenko wouldn’t benefit PBC at all, so it shouldn’t happen.

I forgot about all the hypocrisy.

If Crawford can't get Spence or Pacquiao in there next he should fight Porter, I don't see why people are now all of a sudden scared of that matchup now that it can be a legit possibility. Charlo needs to fight someone relevant whether it's DV, Andrade or whoever cause his 160 resume is horrible and he's a paper champion

Comment

Makes sense to me.

What I can’t stand is people saying Crawford has to fight Porter while advising Charlo to turn down the Andrade offer and avoid Derevyanchenko.

I also can’t stand how Charlo is praised for staying with PBC by their fanboys when he has no options at middleweight. Those same people rip Crawford for staying with Top Rank. It’s insane.

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      If Crawford can't get Spence or Pacquiao in there next he should fight Porter, I don't see why people are now all of a sudden scared of that matchup now that it can be a legit possibility. Charlo needs to fight someone relevant whether it's DV, Andrade or whoever cause his 160 resume is horrible and he's a paper champion

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
        Makes sense to me.

What I can’t stand is people saying Crawford has to fight Porter while advising Charlo to turn down the Andrade offer and avoid Derevyanchenko.

I also can’t stand how Charlo is praised for staying with PBC by their fanboys when he has no options at middleweight. Those same people rip Crawford for staying with Top Rank. It’s insane.
        I'm with you bro, this network cheerleading has to stop. I don't care which platform it happens on but these guys are going to have to step over to get fights. With the money said to have been offered Charlo he needs to go do this one off with DAZN, he isn't going to get that kind of money anywhere else. I am critical of Hearn as well though as Andrade was brought over to that platform and can't even get a fight with the other big names on that same network/app.

Comment

Makes sense to me.

who exactly posted this? was it someone credible?

I think you are equating things that are not equal. Crawford screwed himself while Charlo got screwed by the WBC and others.

Crawford re-signed with TR knowing what it would mean in this climate. He hasn't fought a top tier ww yet and TR has no good ww prospects, so people suggest he should fight Porter.

Charlo was Canelo's mando and Canelo/WBC/Dazn/GBP worked together to get this emeritus title designation. This avoided a purse bid that GBP could've lost, which would've forced Canelo to vacate (which he ended up doing anyway) or fight off dazn.

Charlo also has no top tier opponents so I agree he should look to fight Devyerechenko, jacobs or Andrade next. However, I think thr Andrade offer is a waste because we know Haymon has a legal situation with the WBO so he doesn't give a crap about that belt.

Hopefully, matchroom will make a solid offer for Deverychenko or Jacobs.Lets hope Charlo mans up.

Comment

I agree the WBC screwed Charlo over but does it really matter?

Both Crawford and Charlo have belts. Both aren’t with the promotional outfit that can’t offer them fights against the other champions.

So you can’t say Crawford needs to switch promoters and not say the same for Charlo. You can’t say Crawford needs to fight Porter but advise Charlo to avoid Andrade or Derevyanchenko. You can’t criticize Crawford for his career decisions and not criticize Charlo.

Heck Charlo is even being offered a shot at another belt for a big payday and his PBC fans are saying don’t do it. Could you imagine if Pacquiao or Spence actually offered Crawford a shot? Do you think anyone on this message board would advise him to turn it down? Hell no.

It pisses me off how hypocritical everyone is being. Either think they should both to do anything to fight the best in the division or don’t. Either think they should both leave their promoters or don’t. Be critical of both of them or don’t be critical of either. It’s very simple.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            who exactly posted this? was it someone credible?

I think you are equating things that are not equal. Crawford screwed himself while Charlo got screwed by the WBC and others.

Crawford re-signed with TR knowing what it would mean in this climate. He hasn't fought a top tier ww yet and TR has no good ww prospects, so people suggest he should fight Porter.

Charlo was Canelo's mando and Canelo/WBC/Dazn/GBP worked together to get this emeritus title designation. This avoided a purse bid that GBP could've lost, which would've forced Canelo to vacate (which he ended up doing anyway) or fight off dazn.

Charlo also has no top tier opponents so I agree he should look to fight Devyerechenko, jacobs or Andrade next. However, I think thr Andrade offer is a waste because we know Haymon has a legal situation with the WBO so he doesn't give a crap about that belt.

Hopefully, matchroom will make a solid offer for Deverychenko or Jacobs.Lets hope Charlo mans up.

Comment

I agree the WBC screwed Charlo over but does it really matter?

Both Crawford and Charlo have belts. Both aren’t with the promotional outfit that can’t offer them fights against the other champions.

So you can’t say Crawford needs to switch promoters and not say the same for Charlo. You can’t say Crawford needs to fight Porter but advise Charlo to avoid Andrade or Derevyanchenko. You can’t criticize Crawford for his career decisions and not criticize Charlo.

Heck Charlo is even being offered a shot at another belt for a big payday and his PBC fans are saying don’t do it. Could you imagine if Pacquiao or Spence actually offered Crawford a shot? Do you think anyone on this message board would advise him to turn it down? Hell no.

It pisses me off how hypocritical everyone is being. Either think they should both to do anything to fight the best in the division or don’t. Either think they should both leave their promoters or don’t. Be critical of both of them or don’t be critical of either. It’s very simple.
              I think it matters because Charlo had no control over what happened to him. Crawford had complete control. Now the reason I don't get too upset with Crawford is he is a husband and father whose primary responsibility is his family. Bob over paid him and he'd have been a fool not to take it. Ok, but then don't get on TV and complain without telling the truth about things.

I agree that Crawford should fight Porter if the opportunity presents itself. I also think MW Charlo's next fight should be deverychenko or jacobs, assuming no Canelo or GGG. I don't think either should switch promoters. I agree it is hypo criticial.

Which "pbc fans" are these saying he shouldn't?

As for criticism, again Charlo is the victim. He did exactly what he was supposed to, win the eliminator and make himself the #1 wbc contender. Crawford made a bad choice. That is why I see it differently.

Comment

I don't even see WTF is the connection here honestly

However, yes I would LOVE to see Jermall Charlo vs Derevyenchenko, anything other than Canelo, Eubank, Jacobs, Andrade or Derevyenchenko next for Jermall is absolutely unacceptable. It is time for a Big Fight!

Told Fox he returns in May which makes me wonder if he really is getting the Canelo fight

Comment

Charlo does have control. He has an offer to unify sitting in front of him. He also could have left to DAZN when they signed the other three middleweight champions.

The second Andrade’s offer to Charlo went out, half the board said Charlo shouldn’t take it. One poster even said Charlo shouldn’t consider fighting Andrade unless it was for $15 million dollars.

Charlo won an eliminator and made himself a number one contender to win a title. He eventually got the title. Crawford won a title. It’s basically the same exact thing.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I think it matters because Charlo had no control over what happened to him. Crawford had complete control. Now the reason I don't get too upset with Crawford is he is a husband and father whose primary responsibility is his family. Bob over paid him and he'd have been a fool not to take it. Ok, but then don't get on TV and complain without telling the truth about things.

I agree that Crawford should fight Porter if the opportunity presents itself. I also think MW Charlo's next fight should be deverychenko or jacobs, assuming no Canelo or GGG. I don't think either should switch promoters. I agree it is hypo criticial.

Which "pbc fans" are these saying he shouldn't?

As for criticism, again Charlo is the victim. He did exactly what he was supposed to, win the eliminator and make himself the #1 wbc contender. Crawford made a bad choice. That is why I see it differently.

Comment

The connection is this:

Crawford has one welterweight title and the other three are held by fighters who fight for a different network. Crawford is criticized for not changing promoters and networks to get those fights. He is then criticized for fighting the guys he fights.

Charlo has one middleweight title and the other three are held by guys who fight on a different network. Charlo is not criticized for refusing to change promoters and networks. He is not criticized for fighting the guys he fights. And he’s even been offered a unification fight and has a top contender in Derevyanchenko fighting under the same promotional company.

This is happening because PBC fans hate Top Rank and DAZN. So it’s all Crawford’s fault because he didn’t leave Top Rank for PBC. Charlo can’t be blamed for not leaving PBC because then he would be leaving the company they love for some weird reason.

It’s basically the exact same situation but the Top Rank fighter is being held to a different standard than the PBC fighter because of weirdos who root for promoters and TV networks.

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    I don't even see WTF is the connection here honestly

However, yes I would LOVE to see Jermall Charlo vs Derevyenchenko, anything other than Canelo, Eubank, Jacobs, Andrade or Derevyenchenko next for Jermall is absolutely unacceptable. It is time for a Big Fight!

Told Fox he returns in May which makes me wonder if he really is getting the Canelo fight

Comment

Working...
                    X