Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Is Back: Will Enough People Care?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DAZN Is Back: Will Enough People Care?

By Thomas Hauser - Live boxing is back on DAZN. On July 24, the network streamed a five-fight card headlined by Vergil Ortiz Jr's seven-round demolition of Sammy Vargas. Two years ago, DAZN announced that it was going to change boxing's business model. It pledged "an end to pay-per-view" and promised to deliver high-quality fights to subscribers in the...
    [Click Here To Read More]

The closing thought is the crucial one as a fan. Let's hope they can deliver.

But this environment hasn't been kind to a sports only subscription channel. It's a very unfortunate once-in-multiple-lifetimes kind of event.

Comment

I personally don't care or notice them much. They tried to establish a BS "foothold" by trying to bribe their way through via Hearn. It didn't work. They might do better without Hearn, then I might consider subscribing.

Comment

When this site is no longer owneb by CBS who showtime is a subsidiary of ill listen to your articles on other platforms until then don't care what you have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
          When this site is no longer owneb by CBS who showtime is a subsidiary of ill listen to your articles on other platforms until then don't care what you have to say.
          If your plot was right, BoxingScene wouldn't even mention DAZN. I think they give them a fair chance.

The author of the article, on the other hand, isn't creditable to me. The last time I saw his work, he was shilling for Pac and Top Rank.

Comment

I think we shouldn’t be hard on our sport. It’s trying. The only ones we should be criticizing are the real haters in PBC Haymonites crying the destruction for “Dead Zone” and “Arum is racist and evil” LDBC zombies.

People need to realize too if a fighter gets infected, at any given point, it’s puts the promoters and network is risky situations at a financial and legal cost. With that being said, yes Estrada vs Calvo would’ve been a badass scrap, but hey, Mexico was hit bad with the virus. So as you can see, matchups fall apart. At least Adkins got that pay during these times. And props to Vargas for being game. Shet man, Linares was beat down by Cano. “Mismatch” is being played wrong here.

Comment

The first card wouldn’t really be fair to view - I mean every promoter outside of arguably match room has made ridiculous one sided fights for the first few cards.

The real test will be from September onwards when we can start getting proper fights. Still interested to see who picks up Whyte he Povetkin in the US - albeit one curveball now maybe whether sky and dazn want to work together given dazn are launching in the uk

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                If your plot was right, BoxingScene wouldn't even mention DAZN. I think they give them a fair chance.

The author of the article, on the other hand, isn't creditable to me. The last time I saw his work, he was shilling for Pac and Top Rank.
                Not only that, the author ended the article by praising DAZN above all others for their 2019 run.

Last year, despite its shortcomings, DAZN gave boxing fans in the United States better fights than any other network and did so at a reasonable price. It would be a shame to lose that.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Not only that, the author ended the article by praising DAZN above all others for their 2019 run.

Last year, despite its shortcomings, DAZN gave boxing fans in the United States better fights than any other network and did so at a reasonable price. It would be a shame to lose that.
                  It did. You could watch AJ vs Ruiz rematch for $19.99 with one of the best Heavyweight cards from a hot minute. Hauser seems to have something against Hearn, but that’s probably because he’s biased to Oscar. Oscar and Hearn been at it since being forces at DAZN. But yeah, Canelo vs Jacobs for $19.99 or Canelo vs Kovalev for $19.99.

Best bargains in the game. But the Haymonites need not worry because Davis vs Cruz for $74.99 is the bidnesss and it’s what Floyd keeps yelling at Haymon to do because Stubbornness wins! Haymon knows Floyd is a dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Hauser is in Bob's pocket. All for (just) 20% "subsidized" traveling and accommodation costs by ToPrank.
                    When Big Belly pissed dirty, Hauser was all crickets. Only after Bob gave him an allowance, he dared to write one piece about it. If it was any other stable's fighter, this guy would be hyperventilating to this day.

Comment

Working...
                    X