Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Tabs Deontay Wilder as "Preference" For 2020 Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Tabs Deontay Wilder as "Preference" For 2020 Clash

WBO, IBF, WBA, IBO heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua is hoping to land a unification in 2020. Joshua is ending off 2019 on a very high note. Back in June, one of the biggest upsets in the history of the heavyweight division took place when Joshua was stopped by Andy Ruiz in seven rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    WBO, IBF, WBA, IBO heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua is hoping to land a unification in 2020. Joshua is ending off 2019 on a very high note. Back in June, one of the biggest upsets in the history of the heavyweight division took place when Joshua was stopped by Andy Ruiz in seven rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    ... running from fat Ruiz for 12 rounds isn't the same thing with running from Wilder... (while not having a proper head movement...)

Comment

He will never fight Wilder, he can fool his fan boys but not us, imagine one of the old school boxers say..ok i will help you get ready to face such and such. He offered Fury "help" for a fkn reason..like the other poster said, wilder is not ruiz..you can run but sooner or later he would catch you and what then?! He wants fury to fight wilder because he's scared.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... running from fat Ruiz for 12 rounds isn't the same thing with running from Wilder... (while not having a proper head movement...)
        Ruiz is a volume puncher, who works best on the inside. The only way to be effective against him, is to pick him off at long range. Joshua's "running" is the only viable strategy, unless you have Wilder's kind of power. Wilder has virtually no defense and his offense is limited to setting up his right hand, no matter how many rounds he has to lose to do it. AJ has knockout power, unlike Fury, and is in his prime, unlike Ortiz. Now, I'm not saying that AJ would definitely beat Wilder, but underestimating him is unwise.

Comment

AJ is 30 y/o and Wilder is 34 y/o. Maybe in 2-3 years Wilder will slow down. Atm Wilder beats Joshua.

Comment

Good luck with that Joshua. Wilder and his fans have been making excuses not to have that fight for over 2 years now and only this month Wilder said "I WILL NEVER FIGHT ANTHONY JOSHUA". Along with other things hes said over the last year like "I DONT NEED ANY OF THOSE OTHER BELTS" "YOU WONT GET ME IN A RING WITH JOSHUA" "I HAVE MORE GOOGLE HITS THAN JOSHUA".

Its like Wilder and his team are telling the fans directly that THEY DO NOT WANT THAT FIGHT. But the fans here something else. That fight aint happening in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
              Ruiz is a volume puncher, who works best on the inside. The only way to be effective against him, is to pick him off at long range. Joshua's "running" is the only viable strategy, unless you have Wilder's kind of power. Wilder has virtually no defense and his offense is limited to setting up his right hand, no matter how many rounds he has to lose to do it. AJ has knockout power, unlike Fury, and is in his prime, unlike Ortiz. Now, I'm not saying that AJ would definitely beat Wilder, but underestimating him is unwise.
              ... OK...

... tbh, a Wilder vs AJ fight would likely be about "who lands first" the big punches... but AJ really can run -- so I'm inclined to guess that he would mostly run...

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                He will never fight Wilder, he can fool his fan boys but not us, imagine one of the old school boxers say..ok i will help you get ready to face such and such. He offered Fury "help" for a fkn reason..like the other poster said, wilder is not ruiz..you can run but sooner or later he would catch you and what then?! He wants fury to fight wilder because he's scared.
                Ive gotta admit that when Hearn and Joshua sent Team Wilder a SIGNED contract for what would be a MASSIVE career high pay out for Wilder and ofcourse the chance for ONE FACE, ONE NAME, ONE CHAMPION, which was a 2 fight deal win or lose for AJ cuz Wilder demanded it and the 1st fight in America cuz Wilder demanded it i was one of those fans that felt Joshua did want the fight, all that needed was their signature on it and the fight was a done deal.

To be honest im still not sure how Team AJ has fooled me here. It really did look to me that Wilder had once again priced himself out and was just finding excuses to not take the fight. Every single piece of negativity about making this fight has come from Team Wilder. And before you say it im not interested in that 50 million 24 hour only offer from Wilder. There was not a single shred of official paper work regarding that offer and Wilders management refused to even discuss or tell Hearn or AJ a single detail of that offer.

Wilder has come out and said "I WILL NEVER FIGHT ANTHONY JOSHUA" after AJ had just beat Ruiz. This month. Does any more need to be tossed back and forth regarding any of this when Wilder is saying that?

Comment

yeah good luck with that. wilder and his people are all talk. buncha clowns.

Comment

Joshua Tabs Deontay Wilder as "Preference"

suuuuuuure he is

Comment

Working...
                    X