Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Crawford-Loma, Charlos, Andre Ward, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Crawford-Loma, Charlos, Andre Ward, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the Charlo brothers, yearly awards for 2018, PED use in boxing, Terence Crawford vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lomachenko was a flyweight in the amateurs when he was 18 years old. For him to be at lightweight is just as impressive as the weight jumping Pacquiao and Floyd did. Granted Loma is missing the final two divisions they both got to (and flirtations with 154), but my point is he's naturally even smaller than they are, so 135 for him is a lot like 154 was for Floyd, and 147 is for Pacquiao.

PS when Mikey Garcia was 18 years old, he was fighting at 130 PRO. So he was fighting 25 pounds heavier than Lomachenko was, at the same age, but in the pros not amateurs, so tack on another 10 pounds roughly. And you guys thought I was exaggerating when I said Mikey was naturally 25 or 30 pounds bigger than Loma? I wasn't! It should also tell you guys that Mikey has been weight bullying all his career, seeing as he literally went down in weight as he grew into adulthood, not up. It should also tell you that for Mikey to fight at welterweight isn't a stretch at all, because that means all he had to do was jump three divisions, or 17 pounds, going from an 18 or 19 year old to a 31 year old. Is that really that much?
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 01-05-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

"People in boxing know that PEDs can always benefit you they just don’t care."

But most people who aren't educated in sports science don't have a clue that PEDs have long lasting benefits even after you stop.
      I constantly read people celebrating that fighter X can't be doing PEDs now because he is under a strict testing regime. Maybe, but if you watched the transformation of fighter X's body, and how fast it happened, before the strict testing, it's obvious he did steroids and he is still getting benefits.
      Two of the least understood thing about steroids
      a) the benefits are long lasting
      b) you can't put on much lean muscle fast without them

Comment

Hell, people are acting like Mikey is doing something amazing going to welterweight. That's only 17 pounds above the weight he was fighting at when he was 18 or 19 years old. Meanwhile, people have criticized Lomachenko for not moving up more than three divisions, but he is fighting 30 pounds above the weight he was at at 18 years old, and then add another 10 for the amateur-to-pro conversion. What that means is, Lomachenko is fighting 20+ pounds higher, relative to his natural size at the age Mikey Garcia turned pro, than Mikey Garcia is at welterweight. Not lightweight Garcia, that is not even in the conversation. Lightweight Garcia, at 31 years old, is 5 pounds above where he turned pro. That tells you what a weight bully he's been and how bull**** his whole narrative about "I've moved up and won titles in 4 different divisions" claim is. Complete bull****. Lightweight Garcia, Loma at lightweight is fighting 35 pounds above Mikey, relative to each of their natural sizes when Mikey turned pro. So anyone who thinks Mikey is P4P better than Loma, you can throw that out right now until Mikey is at middleweight, and even then it wouldn't be as many pounds but moving up is harder at higher weights, so we'll call it even then even though the number would still be 8 pounds less.

But Mikey at welterweight? That's still not even half of what Loma has done, in terms of weight jumping. Going by their weights at 18-19 years old, Mikey went from 130 back to 126, back to 130, up to 135, up to 140, back to 135 (see how he keeps going back up and down? That is to cherry pick the easy titlists in each division. Breadman talks about this too), and now finally, in his thirties, up to 147 for the first real fight of his career, at age 31. In contrast, Loma went from 105 pounds I believe at 18 years old in the amateurs, equivalent to roughly 95 pounds in the pros, to now 135, a 40 pound jump. So hopefully the media educate themselves about this stuff for once and start putting Loma's achievements into proper context. As much credit as he has gotten from the media for his skills, he is not getting near enough credit for the amount of weight he has jumped since he was 18. People keep calling him a natural featherweight, but that was when he turned pro as a fully grown adult. Comparing apples to apples, what weight Loma was at when MIKEY turned pro, it's 105 pounds in the amateurs, aka roughly 95 in the pros if there were such a weight class. Big difference, and very significant.
        Last edited by Boxing Logic; 01-05-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Sean O’Hagan must give Ben Davison a run for his money. He guided his son to 2 massive victories as underdog

Comment

Everyone should know that Crawford would destroy Loma at 140, but the real questions are why would Loma turn down a 40-yr. old Pacquiao @ 140, and why did Crawford insist Pacquiao come down to 140 a few years ago? 3 future HOF fighters, all with the same promoter, and never faced each other, in no way, shape, form, or fashion! SHAME!

Now 40-yr. old Pacquiao is fighting Broner on a PPV, and Crawford is fighting Amir Khan! That's sad! I don't see any great fights in Bud's future at Top Rank! At least Loma has Teofimo Lopez out there, Miguel Berchelt should be easy to make, and he could always try to have a rematch with Linares! Crawford might want to take notes from Pacquiao, Mikey, Cotto, Floyd, and Oscar, while he's still in his prime!

Comment

Douglas really was in a special place that night. Most fighters who have a parent die would pull out of a fight, he just trained harder. Don't recall a rematch ever being realistic, Douglas had to face Holyfield and lost then got fatter than Tyson Fury and his comeback years later was more about motivating himself to get his body back in condition. Even if he'd beaten Savarese the rematch would've been far too late by then to mean anything.

Davidson as coach of the year is a good choice. I expected Fury to be like Douglas, a guy who trained like a demon and was mentally obsessed and focused on victory for his big underdog fight vs Wlad, but then couldn't hold it together and be stable afterwards. I expected Wilder to KO Fury, Fury deserves huge credit but so does Davidson. Fury is a smart guy and chose him for a reason.

Comment

Okay. I’ll go against the grain too. I think Bone vs. Krael was fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Lomachenko was a flyweight in the amateurs when he was 18 years old. For him to be at lightweight is just as impressive as the weight jumping Pacquiao and Floyd did. Granted Loma is missing the final two divisions they both got to (and flirtations with 154), but my point is he's naturally even smaller than they are, so 135 for him is a lot like 154 was for Floyd, and 147 is for Pacquiao.

PS when Mikey Garcia was 18 years old, he was fighting at 130 PRO. So he was fighting 25 pounds heavier than Lomachenko was, at the same age, but in the pros not amateurs, so tack on another 10 pounds roughly. And you guys thought I was exaggerating when I said Mikey was naturally 25 or 30 pounds bigger than Loma? I wasn't! It should also tell you guys that Mikey has been weight bullying all his career, seeing as he literally went down in weight as he grew into adulthood, not up. It should also tell you that for Mikey to fight at welterweight isn't a stretch at all, because that means all he had to do was jump three divisions, or 17 pounds, going from an 18 or 19 year old to a 31 year old. Is that really that much?
                  Moron Lomachenko left the amatuers as a lightweight. Why go back like 10 years? He left fighting BOYS!!! While he should of been a PRO wayyyy before then.

At least you got one thing right Mikey at 18 fighting MEN with smaller gloves and NO headgear. While Loma was fighting boys with bigger gloves and headgear.

You dont know SHT about boxing.

Also a Ubber Driver beat your god.

PS get a FKN room! No one wants to see you give Loma head!
                  Last edited by Shadoww702; 01-05-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Hell, people are acting like Mikey is doing something amazing going to welterweight. That's only 17 pounds above the weight he was fighting at when he was 18 or 19 years old. Meanwhile, people have criticized Lomachenko for not moving up more than three divisions, but he is fighting 30 pounds above the weight he was at at 18 years old, and then add another 10 for the amateur-to-pro conversion. What that means is, Lomachenko is fighting 20+ pounds higher, relative to his natural size at the age Mikey Garcia turned pro, than Mikey Garcia is at welterweight. Not lightweight Garcia, that is not even in the conversation. Lightweight Garcia, at 31 years old, is 5 pounds above where he turned pro. That tells you what a weight bully he's been and how bull**** his whole narrative about "I've moved up and won titles in 4 different divisions" claim is. Complete bull****. Lightweight Garcia, Loma at lightweight is fighting 35 pounds above Mikey, relative to each of their natural sizes when Mikey turned pro. So anyone who thinks Mikey is P4P better than Loma, you can throw that out right now until Mikey is at middleweight, and even then it wouldn't be as many pounds but moving up is harder at higher weights, so we'll call it even then even though the number would still be 8 pounds less.

But Mikey at welterweight? That's still not even half of what Loma has done, in terms of weight jumping. Going by their weights at 18-19 years old, Mikey went from 130 back to 126, back to 130, up to 135, up to 140, back to 135 (see how he keeps going back up and down? That is to cherry pick the easy titlists in each division. Breadman talks about this too), and now finally, in his thirties, up to 147 for the first real fight of his career, at age 31. In contrast, Loma went from 105 pounds I believe at 18 years old in the amateurs, equivalent to roughly 95 pounds in the pros, to now 135, a 40 pound jump. So hopefully the media educate themselves about this stuff for once and start putting Loma's achievements into proper context. As much credit as he has gotten from the media for his skills, he is not getting near enough credit for the amount of weight he has jumped since he was 18. People keep calling him a natural featherweight, but that was when he turned pro as a fully grown adult. Comparing apples to apples, what weight Loma was at when MIKEY turned pro, it's 105 pounds in the amateurs, aka roughly 95 in the pros if there were such a weight class. Big difference, and very significant.

This POS also says Rig. Was 30 lbs Bigger than Loma.

Im sure you had Rig. 7' 8" 230 lbs and Loma 3' 2" 98 lbs soaking wet...

What a DUMB FUK!!! I just lost 15 IQ points reading this GAY Fluff piece this Bi@tch wrote.

This is a BOXING SITE dipsht!!! Yout comment belongs at the store under ROMANCE. Or Gay P orn.

Comment

Working...
                    X