No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dream Cards Now Closer To Reality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dream Cards Now Closer To Reality

Almost a dozen years ago, Shawn Porter was the co-main event fighter on a Los Angeles Sports Arena card that included these former, current and future world champions: Errol Spence Jr., Joseph Diaz Jr., Deontay Wilder, Leo Santa Cruz and Amir Khan.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-26-2024, 03:43 AM.

It's crazy how a lot of today's dream fights are on the horizon or in the works.

If Crawford does well at 154, a clash with Canelo is intriguing. Other than that, would still love to see Tank-Shakur-Teo-Garcia-Haney all mix it up.

Comment

Tell Turki to make Loma-Pitbull happen.

Comment

Dud's fight literally the 5th most interesting on the card.

1. Tszyu vs Ortiz
        2. Ruiz vs Big Baby
        3. Pitbull vs Valenzuela
        4. Morrell vs Hot Rod
        5. Crawfish vs uber driver
        Last edited by Feint First; 04-26-2024, 04:39 AM.

Comment

What if fans want to attend these dream cards though? And maybe have a beer and actually enjoy themselves?

I’m fine with fights happening in Saudi if it’s the only viable option, but all the big fights going there would take the sport away from the fans.

Hopefully they continue promoting fights internationally after this Crawford card in LA, there’s strong rumblings of a London card at Wembley in September too.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            What if fans want to attend these dream cards though? And maybe have a beer and actually enjoy themselves?

I’m fine with fights happening in Saudi if it’s the only viable option, but all the big fights going there would take the sport away from the fans.

Hopefully they continue promoting fights internationally after this Crawford card in LA, there’s strong rumblings of a London card at Wembley in September too.
            Exactly. No problem
            at all with a global presence of the sport. He’ll take the sport back on the road such as the days of Ali in many different countries…but that environment in Saudi really reminds me of the covid boxing matches with no fans. Roaring boisterous fans magnify the sport, especially the atmosphere of a big fight a long awaited fight. Big fights in London, Manchester, New York, Las Vegas, Paris, Johannesburg, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto, Buenos Aires etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Exactly. No problem
              at all with a global presence of the sport. He’ll take the sport back on the road such as the days of Ali in many different countries…but that environment in Saudi really reminds me of the covid boxing matches with no fans. Roaring boisterous fans magnify the sport, especially the atmosphere of a big fight a long awaited fight. Big fights in London, Manchester, New York, Las Vegas, Paris, Johannesburg, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto, Buenos Aires etc etc
              The buzz generated around the LA and London shows will be huge, and as you mentioned, a lively crowd really works in their favour. This is also true when you consider that far more people will see the re-runs on YT than actually see the event live or on PPV.
              Last edited by Mr WorldWide; 04-26-2024, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Saudi may be hard to go yourself, but given this day and age of internet if the alternate choice was not happening then I think fans will happily take the former. I for one would rather have Beterbiev vs Bivol happen in Saudi over Beterbiev retiring in the next few years with the match never having occurred.

Comment

Meh. Give dream cards in Saudi with the fights we want over ****e cards in the UK full of mismatches and waiting a decade for fights to ‘marinate’

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Meh. Give dream cards in Saudi with the fights we want over ****e cards in the UK full of mismatches and waiting a decade for fights to ‘marinate’
                    That poses the question: Have you ever been to a big fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X