Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: One Left Hook From Ryan Garcia Changed Everything

One Left Hook From Ryan Garcia Changed Everything
    [Click Here To Read More]

How did some score that a draw? Garcia clearly won a close, but clear decision.

Yes, he lost a few rounds, but the rounds he won were big, even though he fought the fight in spurts, like an older fighter.

I would argue you could score one of the rounds 10-7 instead of 10-8, even with one knockdown in a specific round, but a beatdown the rest of the round.

Haney has his flaws, clearly no Mayweather or Whitaker, but he's got a big heart, real courage.
    Last edited by Liondw; 04-24-2024, 09:29 AM.

Comment

That left hook destroyed one of the Top boxers in that division. From a masterfull shout out vs Regis to getting dismantel in front of the world by a social media influncer.

All he has is a left hook - Devin.

Gets cought by it in less than a minute.
      Last edited by boxingitis; 04-24-2024, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        That left hook destroyed one of the Top boxers in that division. From a masterfull shout out vs Regis to getting dismantel in front of the world by a social media influncer.

Imo that punch changed the whole direction of that fight. Ryan got ultra confident. Haney knew he was in for a long night.

Perfect illustration of Tyson’s quote that everyone has a plan until they get hit.

Comment

Good article

Comment

People were talking about the pressure getting to Ryan in the fight but I think It got to Haney. Alot of people were watching the fight so I think he got into his mind he had to force a stoppage and do the same or better than tank did against Ryan and thinking it's not good enough to just box and outpoint ryan. So instead he was there forcing the action getting on the front foot alot and it backfired on him because he was just getting caught with left hands.

Like even when he won like 4 rounds in a row an it got to like the 6th he started chasing Ryan around the ring almost trying to press the action and that played into Ryan's hands because then he could open up and he won that round then he dropped and hurt Haney bad in the 7th and then Haney never really got his legs fully back afterwards.
            Last edited by Boxing2695; 04-24-2024, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

It's Nelo left hook basically.

Comment

Ryan will go as far as his left hook can take him unless he develops another key punch and some defence

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  How did some score that a draw? Garcia clearly won a close, but clear decision.

Yes, he lost a few rounds, but the rounds he won were big, even though he fought the fight in spurts, like an older fighter.

I would argue you could score one of the rounds 10-7 instead of 10-8, even with one knockdown in a specific round, but a beatdown the rest of the round.

Haney has his flaws, clearly no Mayweather or Whitaker, but he's got a big heart, real courage.
                  I had it 6-6 but if you add in the knockdowns and the point deduction I had it 113-111 to Garcia. The rounds Ryan won he won them big but the rounds Haney won Ryan didn't really do anything so obviously they were Haney rounds. Like you said a close but clear decision to Garcia. But yeah haney did show heart because alot of guys would of just stayed down after being dropped the 3rd time and called it a night but he got up and kept going
                  Last edited by Boxing2695; 04-24-2024, 10:18 AM.
                  Hous Hous Monty Fisto Monty Fisto like this.

Comment

Don't hook with a hooker..... is one of the most basic known no no's in the sport , he did exactly that and looked totally unlike the fighter he and his dad thought he was. He was hammered , I hope he can come back from that beating but a lot of fighters will be encouraged by what they have seen and will be coming for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X