I really wanted to see Victor Ortiz vs Ricky Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
    Clearly a bait thread. Only a hater would say something stupid like

They know Hatton's weak, lol thats why they're puttin Paq in there with him without even thinkin twice about Paq's saftey.
    lol Nah, thats just who Paq fights..

But thats also just how weak 140 is. Hatton is good, but not great. Ortiz is like an explosion to that division that we havent seen there for a minute.

But I do agree, Ortiz needs some better comp.

I don't think anyone realizes who Jeffrey Resto is though, he was suppose to be that step up for Oritiz (believe it or not). I saw him fight on ESPN once and he was a banger, he got great leverage and had great punch placement. Half Mexican Half Puerto Rican. Thats why when Ortiz said he was expectin another Trinidad..I was thinkin the same thing. I really think nerves and Ortiz' rawness got too Resto too soon that he couldn't recover. Because that fight was suppose to be a step up for Victor. But Victor came out the gate pretty raw.

Comment

Originally posted by aether View Post
      ortiz will not get a chance to fight any of the elite fighters next year. get over it

(added text)

Comment

I really like Victor Ortiz, for me he'll be a star t 2 years from now, but he should fight someone like M'Baye or Urango, then fight for a belt against Kotelnik or Bradley and then Hatton if he still active by the time. He could be the top guy @140 but not now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Ortiz is very good, but he is not ready for Hatton no way!! Lol at "Hatton is weak they know it, thats why they put Pacquiao against him without thinking twice" Thats some serious hating right there!!!!!!!!!!!
          Maybe "weak" was a bit harsh..

But Hatton is infamous now for being a prime target because of his lack of skill. Oscar wanted him, Floyd wanted him (and got him, he chose him over Cotto and Marg) numerous amounts of fighters have rocked him etc etc..

lol He's basically a Paqiaou opponent. Not too good, but carries a name and has enough flaws that the Paq handlers feel safe takin this one.

Comment

Originally posted by MaYaN_SuN View Post

(added text)
            damn it man. your insane if you think ortiz is ready for the big leagues. im tired of explaining to you how boxing works. like talking to a deaf ******ed child with down syndrome.

Comment

Ortiz had some trouble with Dario Esalas, a big ass Colombian kid. Alot tougher then Hatton, Bojado even had a hard time with em. Ortiz kept his composure and took him out, Bojado fended him off all night with skill and punch placement.

Ortiz can take Hatton.
              So you admit Ortiz had trouble with Dario Esalas, but he would easily beat Hatton? Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
                I really like Victor Ortiz, for me he'll be a star t 2 years from now, but he should fight someone like M'Baye or Urango.
                I don't know who M'Baye is, but a fight with Urango next september if not in the summer, would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
                  So you admit Ortiz had trouble with Dario Esalas, but he would easily beat Hatton? Hmmmm
                  Yeah, two different fighters. Esalas has reach, power, and leverage that Hatton could only dream of.

Whats so funny about that?

Comment

Originally posted by aether View Post
                    im tired of explaining to you how boxing works. like talking to a deaf ******ed child with down syndrome.
                    can't breathe...laughin too hard...

Comment

Would have been a great fight to launch Ortiz on the scene. Another reason why I think Ortiz should have stayed with Toprank. They know Hatton's weak, lol thats why they're puttin Paq in there with him without even thinkin twice about Paq's saftey.

But if Paq wins, lol what is he gonna hold down the 140 division? Or bait and fish for another flawed fighter? I mean Hatton is good, but not that good. He's like the David Diaz of 140, only Hatton's chin may be worse and his offense is probably slightly better.

I really would have loved to see Ortiz take whats rightfully his, and thats 140. Paq was annoying before with his cherry picking and exploitation of our old legends, lol but now he's denying our young guys. lol This is some f#$%ed up ****. lol Someone knock this over-rated guy out already
                      Its good to hear from a hater like you to say that Pacquiao's gonna walk through Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                      X