Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's favouritism with the judges.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was nothing wrong with any of those decisions.

Some of the scorecards were a bit off - the worst being the Mayweather even score.

The Lara fight was 7-5 either way or a draw.

Canelo clearly beat Trout and Cotto. He outboxed both of them.

I can't even get mad at the judges last night because I was struggling to give Cotto rounds and stopped scoring. Every time I thought I was going to give Cotto a sympathy round, Canelo would do just that little bit more.

Comment

It is a major issue because even if cotto truly did win, he would have got robbed. If cotto won 8 rounds they would have only given him four, that's the way those scores were designed. It appears the only way to beat him is to clearly beat him like Floyd, or ko him. Otherwise, even if he only wins four rounds, he will get the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        It's pretty fuked up how he always gets super biased scores. But it probably has a lot to do with the crowd cheering for every little thing he does. That or wbc has invested a lot lol
        You would imagine judges with combined 100s of world title fights could see past that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          There was nothing wrong with any of those decisions.

Some of the scorecards were a bit off - the worst being the Mayweather even score.

The Lara fight was 7-5 either way or a draw.

Canelo clearly beat Trout and Cotto. He outboxed both of them.

I can't even get mad at the judges last night because I was struggling to give Cotto rounds and stopped scoring. Every time I thought I was going to give Cotto a sympathy round, Canelo would do just that little bit more.
          They were all close fights and Canelo got WAY favourable cards in all fights.

Comment

The judge that only gave cotto 1 round scored Floyd Canelo 8-4. Judges need to be put on blast more. Cj Ross hasn't even scored a fight since Floyd Canelo lol

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              They were all close fights and Canelo got WAY favourable cards in all fights.
              I didn't think last night was particularly close. Canelo was the superior boxer in almost every round.

He outboxed Trout and knocked him down so I didn't think that was all that close either. Maybe 8-4 or 7-5.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                You would imagine judges with combined 100s of world title fights could see past that.
                Yeah that's something I agree with, experienced judges like that shouldn't be swayed by crowds easily, if that's the case then that's an embarrassment, especially when fans like ourselves can see past it.

I doubt that's the case though, at the end of the day you can only assume they had some sort of bias to score a fight like that, what reason they have to be bias is something none of us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I didn't think last night was particularly close. Canelo was the superior boxer in almost every round.

He outboxed Trout and knocked him down so I didn't think that was all that close either. Maybe 8-4 or 7-5.
                  Closer than 10-2 and 11-1 for sure!

I don't think he outboxed trout at all. I remember being quite shocked at how bad the scoring was. I haven't watched it back since, but I remember it being shady as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    The fact the most popular and highest earning fighter in the sport outclassed Canelo for 12 rounds and scraped a MD, says it all

The man can't be beaten on the scorecards even if he loses the fight, not now that Floyd has retired

Canelo has an amazing run of fighters on his resume, but the fact 3 of his biggest fights were either way fights, it makes Canelo lose a lot of shine
                    My thoughts exactly.

Trout & Lara have every right to feel that they won that fight.

Comment

i had Canelo

Beating Lara 115-113

Beating trout 115-112

Lost to floyd 118-110- the draw scorecard was one of the worst I have ever seen

Beat Cotto 118-110---- cotto clearly won 2 rds, and there was 2 others that were swing and and I could see a 116-112 scorecard.. But canelo clearly won

Comment

Working...
                      X