No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    I have to watch again. Is it on YouTube ?
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=694629

That has a link to the fight in it, its legit, its the Boxnation (UK) version though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=694629

That has a link to the fight in it, its legit, its the Boxnation (UK) version though.
      Cool thanks, Jim Watt commentating? I'll watch for that only

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Cool thanks, Jim Watt commentating? I'll watch for that only

No Jim Watt is Sky Sports, Boxnation had Barry Jones and some other guy I can't remember his name.

They actually give Cotto a lot of credit in the fight, which by the way people are talking on here differs from the HBO broadcast massively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
          AHAHAHAHA you sound salty as fcuk! I love it

My boy toyed and carried your father. No respect lol
          http://gfycat.com/SkinnyMindlessKestrel

"Bu bu but Canelo was too big for Cotto"

FOH

Trout and Lara both did better than your "rejuvenated" idol. What a joke. And like the lame that he is, Cotto was too much of an upset petty b!tch to face the cameras and presser post fight. So unprofessional. Good thing that like you and your kind, he's finished and we don't have to hear about him anymore from the screaming, hairless monkeys in the bleachers

AND THE NEW!
          Damn, so true though. Cotto got his diva ass whooped and he did the butthurt shuffle right out the arena to avoid the embarrassment. He didn't win schit and Roach did a lot of talking that Cotto now has to answer for.

Comment

• Pretty quiet in here Where yall ricans at? "ROBERRY!!!"

Comment

No Jim Watt is Sky Sports, Boxnation had Barry Jones and some other guy I can't remember his name.

They actually give Cotto a lot of credit in the fight, which by the way people are talking on here differs from the HBO broadcast massively.
              You ain't kidding. I just got done watching the fight and it was a LOT closer than what I've been reading. I had it 7/5...8/4 at most. But Canelo def won. Good fight! The judges should be taken out to the back of the woodshed and flogged.

Battle worn 35 year old Cotto put up an excellent fight against a much improved, solid, thick, bigger younger fighter. All props to Canelo, but Cotto deserves a little more credit than i have been reading here all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                You ain't kidding. I just got done watching the fight and it was a LOT closer than what I've been reading. I had it 7/5...8/4 at most. But Canelo def won. Good fight! The judges should be taken out to the back of the woodshed and flogged.

Battle worn 35 year old Cotto put up an excellent fight against a much improved, solid, thick, bigger younger fighter. All props to Canelo, but Cotto deserves a little more credit than i have been reading here all day.
                Yeah, I gave Cotto 4 rounds too, afterwards I remember thinking 3/4 rounds is fair, I do think 5 rounds is a little excessive though, personally.

It was a pretty good fight IMO, both had their moments, Canelo was just bigger and sharper which resulted in him landing the more telling shots in exchanges.

Canelo has improved a lot like you said, hes setting up punches better than before, using feints well and also disguising his punches by making it look like hes throwing another punch (like when he threw the hook and turned it into an uppercut once Cotto covered up to block that hook).

Cotto moved well and landed some good flurries, it just wasn't quite enough on the night, you're going to get people talking **** on here trolling anyway, its the internet, and especially with it being a Mexico vs PR rivalry, had the fight gone the opposite way you'd get Cotto fans doing the same thing.

Comment

Yeah, I gave Cotto 4 rounds too, afterwards I remember thinking 3/4 rounds is fair, I do think 5 rounds is a little excessive though, personally.

It was a pretty good fight IMO, both had their moments, Canelo was just bigger and sharper which resulted in him landing the more telling shots in exchanges.

Canelo has improved a lot like you said, hes setting up punches better than before, using feints well and also disguising his punches by making it look like hes throwing another punch (like when he threw the hook and turned it into an uppercut once Cotto covered up to block that hook).

Cotto moved well and landed some good flurries, it just wasn't quite enough on the night, you're going to get people talking **** on here trolling anyway, its the internet, and especially with it being a Mexico vs PR rivalry, had the fight gone the opposite way you'd get Cotto fans doing the same thing.

Fair enough. and yeah, i can't argue the last point. The Mexico vs PR rivalry really gets heated. Both cultures are pretty intense. Great for Boxing.

Comment

• i thought Cotto was gona win, i even betted against Canelo

i wanted Canelo to win, but i thought he couldnt, i feel bad cause i should of sided with my Meskin fighter, but i will learn from this mistake

WARR CANELO!!!!!!! NOW LETS GO AFTER THE GOOD BOY KILLA BIG DRAMA SHOW GGG, HEADS ARE GONA ROLL
                    Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 11-22-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                      Cotto is going to stop him. Quote me on that.
                      He didn't stop him.
                      Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Can't wait to watch King Cotto stop Canelito early.

He didnt stop him
                      Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post
                      After seeing what Cotto's brother can do to Canelo, I don't doubt it...
                      lol That was years ago you dont think Canelo has improved since?

Comment

Working...
                      X