The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
    Fight was close. GGG kills Canelo.

Cotto did well considering age and size difference. This fight was close when you gag Jones and Lampley.

As for Canelo acting like a warrior when asked about GGG. Until I see him sign that contract, it's all talk.
    STFU AND FIND ANOTHER PUERTO RICAN TO WORSHIP YOU FATHERLESS SAD OLD MAN

#CANELOPOWER MOTHERFCUKER

Comment

• Dan Rafael was just interviewed on sportscenter. Host asked what is next for canelo. Dan talked about rematch possibly, Bradley, Lee/ saunders winner. Said any fight canelo has will be a big fight. Didn't mention GGG and didn't say anything about fans wanting to see it.

That is extremely unprofessional of Dan to not mention that fight. It's very early so things can change. Canelo appears to be fighting next on cinco de mayo. I doubt it's GGG. The GGG guys are gonna be pissed off.

Comment

• Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        Cotto was more than just bouncing around. He put on a good fight and it was very close. One judge gave Cotto ONE round. That doesn't make any sense at all.
        Agreed, the judging in boxing literally makes me physically ill. Close fight and they come out with scores like they did...hard to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          I actually did enjoy it!

Believe it or not I even enjoyed the rigo fight & yes cotto should stick to 154
          I was happy to see Rigo back in the ring, I love watching him fight and seeing how he gets out the way of punches, watching his footwork, etc. but he just wasn't the same, that happens when you take nearly a year out and take a fight with weeks notice I suppose, like I said in the other post I'm just hoping it was cobwebs and not an age factor, would be gutted if he can't pull the trigger anymore.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Dan Rafael was just interviewed on sportscenter. Host asked what is next for canelo. Dan talked about rematch possibly, Bradley, Lee/ saunders winner. Said any fight canelo has will be a big fight. Didn't mention GGG and didn't say anything about fans wanting to see it.

That is extremely unprofessional of Dan to not mention that fight. It's very early so things can change. Canelo appears to be fighting next on cinco de mayo. I doubt it's GGG. The GGG guys are gonna be pissed off.
          Well people have right to be pissed off because GGG is his mandatory, hes going to need a good excuse to get away with just vacating his belt so he doesn't have to fight GGG, people will see through it because more and more boxing fans are aware of GGG and even some casuals are calling for that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Agreed, the judging in boxing literally makes me physically ill. Close fight and they come out with scores like they did...hard to believe.
            But it wasnt close.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
              I was just about to say...still has the best **** in boxing. Her cleavage is bigger than Puerto Rico.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                I was happy to see Rigo back in the ring, I love watching him fight and seeing how he gets out the way of punches, watching his footwork, etc. but he just wasn't the same, that happens when you take nearly a year out and take a fight with weeks notice I suppose, like I said in the other post I'm just hoping it was cobwebs and not an age factor, would be gutted if he can't pull the trigger anymore.

Well people have right to be pissed off because GGG is his mandatory, hes going to need a good excuse to get away with just vacating his belt so he doesn't have to fight GGG, people will see through it because more and more boxing fans are aware of GGG and even some casuals are calling for that fight.
                I will wait to see ppv numbers. If fight did 1 mil i would expect Cotto 2 then Floyd 2 in 2016. Definitely not GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                  STFU AND FIND ANOTHER PUERTO RICAN TO WORSHIP YOU FATHERLESS SAD OLD MAN

#CANELOPOWER MOTHERFCUKER

Get a Guatemalan hero you can actually respect you genetically impoverished fruitcake

What power? He could not even get Cotto to take a knee and the fight was close considering Cotto was in the ring with a guy who is bigger than GGG.

As a Canelo fan, admit it... You are let down. NOT a single knockdown Not a single moment in the fight that you can cling to.

Now get off my jock you sickly beta male. Your issue has NOTHING to do with boxing and everything to do with your internal hate for everything ALPHA.

BetaMaleRage101

I hate you Peasantcrusha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                    I think Roach and Cotto's game plan was to outbox Canelo. I'm sure if at some point in the fight he had Canelo out of position he would have threw a bomb but he didn't want to use the James Kirkland game plan of ignoring defense, and he didn't want to mix it up too much against the bigger guy in the ring because it was too much of a risk.

Canelo did the only thing he could do, which was to wait for Cotto to fatigue. When Cotto was fresh, early in the fight he was embarrassing Canelo. I wasn't absolutely sure who would tire first but the logical thing would be to expect the older, more shopworn guy to gas sooner.
                    Canelo can't fight going back and Cotto had him on his heels for at least the first three rounds. i think Cotto looked great, but boxing being what it is we had horrendous judges...I don't even mind Canelo winning, but not at those margins! And then we have a fight where one guy is substantially larger than the other...its like we may as well not have weight classes. At least have weigh ins closer to the fight.

Both guys threw accurate puncches, cotto threw punches in bunches, canelo sat down more on his shots. There is such corruption...did anyone see the punch stat that usually is used to validate? I have not seen them but would not be suprised not to see them as they would show how inept the judges were.

With all that said, this fight like sooo many could have gone either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I will wait to see ppv numbers. If fight did 1 mil i would expect Cotto 2 then Floyd 2 in 2016. Definitely not GGG.
                      I don't think Cotto 2 will sell mate, regardless of the numbers it does this time, HBO basically called it a very one sided fight when it finished, how do you sell a rematch?

A Mayweather rematch would sell of course, because its Mayweather, but I don't think Mayweather has any interest and I don't think it would do well enough to entice him to fight again to be honest.

I think there's a very high chance he doesn't fight GGG like you said, even if he was keen I think his team will be against it (especially DLH), but I think he will get a lot of **** for it, and I don't think it will be a Cotto/Floyd rematch next. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.
                      Last edited by Spacey1991; 11-22-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X