No announcement yet.

Winning Sparrnig Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning Sparrnig Gloves

So I finally decided which sparring gloves I want to get.

I came across to many different brans like Everlasts Powerlocks, MXs, Reyes etc but I think I will invest into Winnings.

It is quite a load of money for gloves but I want to know if they really are that good.

I´m gonna ship them from japan to germany but before I buy them on rakuten.com I want to know some things:

1. I have bigger hands could this be a problem with the MS500 Winnings?
    (not enourmous huge though)

2. How long is the life span of winning gloves?

3. Is there a huge difference between the MS500 and the new 600 Winnings?

4. On rakuten.com they offer them for 200$ but you have to add about 150$ fee( damn high ) , but is the base price cheap for MS500 Winnings?
    Last edited by BuakawBanchamek; 11-29-2015, 03:41 PM.

1. I find the 16oz (MS600) Winnings to be a little more snug than most 16oz brands. Honestly, you could probably get away with using less wrap on the knuckle/metacarpal since the gloves absorb so much shock. Plus, you would have more wrap for the wrists.

2. I've had my 16oz for 2 years now. They've been through serious abuse on the bag (I'm 240lbs+), and they still perform as well as day 1, with a better fit.

3. As far as I know, the only difference in the padding system is that the 8oz/10oz Laceup (MS200/MS300) use less padding due to being pro fight gloves. The 8oz/10oz velcro (MS200B/MS300B) use the same padding system as the trainers (aka everything else besides MS200/MS300).

The higher model # just means higher weight. MS400 = 12oz. MS500 = 14oz. MS600 = 16oz.

4. I am not sure what is this $150 free you're referring to. I got all my Winning from that site and all I had to add was $30+ for shipping.

BTW... I highly recommend Ring To Cage C17 2.0 Japanese gloves (back in 2013, a sherdog.net user (CLAMPXVII) wanted a clone of his 16oz Winnings, so he sent his pair to R2C to have it done. After a year or so, the final product was so good that they became mass produced, even named after the user CLAMPXVII; "C17")

http://www.ringtocage.com/japanese-s...ro-or-lace-up/

Retails for $100, but entire site is 30% off with code:

30BFOFF15

Total would be $69.96, free U.S. shipping

I have multiple pairs both Winning gloves and these; and I must say that besides the R2C C17 being a little wider and roomier inside, they absorb shock about 80-90% as well as Winning.

$70 for a 80-90% clone of a $200-$350 glove = great deal.
    Last edited by boxingsmash69; 11-29-2015, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Oh, you can also get custom gloves made by Top Boxer by emailing Muhammad at irfanskt11@gmail.com.

It would cost $149, and may take 2-8 weeks depending on how much customization (I went with a simple 16oz all-White, wide velcro, Winning-inspired model with added Orthopedic foam, and it took about 2 weeks to arrive after payment).

His "Winning inspired" model has received high praise by the sherdog gear community (including myself).

Comment

Thanks a lot mate!

The fee I was reffering to:

19% taxes in Germany for products 60$
        Shipping from Japan to Germany 40$
        Credit card fee about 10$

So I would have to pay halve the price extra....

The C17 reviews do seem very promising + your review.

I am only 16 and would have to safe my money for atleast
        4-5 months to be able to buy the winnings.
        But I really want to get the best of the best, so I could take the wait.

I plan to go to America in 2-3 years after I finish school in Germany,
        to follow my boxing career.
        So I could use the C17 for 3 years and then switch over to winnings without
        paying these 60$ taxes.

I got some questions to the C17´s though:

1. If they are wieder/roomier than the winnings, could I use more wrap on the knuckles
        to solve the problem ( if it is apparent)

2. Are they about as durable as the winnings?

3. Would you recommend getting 18oz or 16oz for sparring and mits?
        I hit hard and weigh about 190lbs (5,9 ft)

Winning Costs~ 310$

C17~ 115$
        Last edited by BuakawBanchamek; 11-30-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
          Thanks a lot mate!

The fee I was reffering to:

19% taxes in Germany for products 60$
          Shipping from Japan to Germany 40$
          Credit card fee about 10$

So I would have to pay halve the price extra....

The C17 reviews do seem very promising + your review.

I am only 16 and would have to safe my money for atleast
          4-5 months to be able to buy the winnings.
          But I really want to get the best of the best, so I could take the wait.

I plan to go to America in 2-3 years after I finish school in Germany,
          to follow my boxing career.
          So I could use the C17 for 3 years and then switch over to winnings without
          paying these 60$ taxes.

I got some questions to the C17´s though:

1. If they are wieder/roomier than the winnings, could I use more wrap on the knuckles
          to solve the problem ( if it is apparent)

2. Are they about as durable as the winnings?

3. Would you recommend getting 18oz or 16oz for sparring and mits?
          I hit hard and weigh about 190lbs (5,9 ft)

Winning Costs~ 310$

C17~ 115$

Damn those taxes!

I wish you success on your career. You are young, so remember that you have plenty of time to absorb and utilize knowledge throughout your journey.

It would probably be a good idea to use the C17s for now. You will be impressed. You'll have something to look forward to in the future with Winnings.

1. Yup, more space for more wrap. I also recommend Winning's NG2 gel knuckle guards. There is no other knuckle guard that can compare with that. It's a 2-layer system (rubber-latex with gel on top). I can honestly admit that C17 + NG2 absorbs better shock than Winning alone. I've never tried Winning + NG2 though.

2. Not sure. I haven't had my C17s as long as my Winnings. They are still a new product, so it's hard to judge that. So far, they have held up great, considering I use them alot and I'm 240lbs+.

3. The 16oz should be fine. I even have a 12oz C17 that's still more protective than most 16oz gloves.

Comment

I just made a great deal on ebay. I found a guy who was selling 18oz,red, laced up Winnings for about 135$.
            They are about 2 years old but still look really good on the pictures.

So I safed 220$ and avoided long shipping.

But I still want to thank you for your great advice boxingsmash69

Comment

Working...
            X