Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it with Canelo and every Flavor of the Month?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    You don't ask for a catchweight this shameful if you're not trying to duck, sorry. Ffs he was asking for 156 from Cotto, but mando gets 155 lol
    So you're telling me that Canelo, before he faced Angulo, and when GGG was facing Osumanu Adama, got his magic ball out and saw the future and saw that he would one day he would have to face Golovkin so he thought to himself... "Holy shit I'm gonna face this monster eventually. I better start asking for a catch weight of 155 as of right now so I can drain him!"

Now you're just being silly...

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Wow nobody was saying that about angulo. Maybe before he lost to kirkland but cmon. The Kirkland fight was a farce too wtf
      Are you gunning for another dildo to add to your trophy collection? Because I can make that dream a reality homie. You don't even have to ask. :blow:

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
        So you're telling me that Canelo, before he faced Angulo, and when GGG was facing Osumanu Adama, got his magic ball out and saw the future and saw that he would one day he would have to face Golovkin so he thought to himself... "Holy shit I'm gonna face this monster eventually. I better start asking for a catch weight of 155 as of right now so I can drain him!"

Now you're just being silly...
        I don't give a **** about Angulo. He's lineal MW Champ now. Ever heard of a champ insisting on lower division + 1lb for a mando defense? I haven't, that's a prize duck, one for the books

Comment

I'm not talking about how he looked in the fights, what I'm talking about is people to this day claim that Canelo will duck this fighter and that fighter. And if it's not that, they'll quickly change it up to "De La Hoya/GBP/WBC won't dare let him fight this guy." I'm just waiting for the new flavor of the month after Canelo faces Golovkin.
          If he faces ggg there will be no flavor of the month afterward...just a rebuilding fight to bounce back from the loss

Comment

Wow nobody was saying that about angulo. Maybe before he lost to kirkland but cmon. The Kirkland fight was a farce too wtf

Holy hell this was back when Canelo first won the WBC Light Middleweight title. Angulo was his mandatory... hmm another thing that seems familiar.

34 seconds into this video. People actually laughed at the notion of Canelo facing Angulo. Also read the comments and tell me I'm lying.

Comment

Holy hell this was back when Canelo first won the WBC Light Middleweight title. Angulo was his mandatory... hmm another thing that seems familiar.

34 seconds into this video. People actually laughed at the notion of Canelo facing Angulo. Also read the comments and tell me I'm lying.

I said maybe before the Kirkland fight. But canelo didn't fight that angulo lol he fought him 2 kos and 4 years later. So your point is kinda moot

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                I don't give a **** about Angulo. He's lineal MW Champ now. Ever heard of a champ insisting on lower division + 1lb for a mando defense? I haven't, that's a prize duck, one for the books
                Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? "Well you know 155 is the light middleweight division but yet it's not."

Whether you like it or not the middleweight division is 154.1 and up to 160 lbs plain and simple. Nowhere does it say you have to come in at exactly 160.

Comment

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? "Well you know 155 is the light middleweight division but yet it's not."

Whether you like it or not the middleweight division is 154.1 and up to 160 lbs plain and simple. Nowhere does it say you have to come in at exactly 160.
                  Nowhere does it say your opponent can't weigh in at the full limit either.

Comment

I said maybe before the Kirkland fight. But canelo didn't fight that angulo lol he fought him 2 kos and 4 years later. So your point is kinda moot
                    Isn't that what I said?

3 years and yeah I'm pretty sure he got locked up by immigration for 8 months or something during that time, so really 2 years? Besides do you honestly think it would've gone any different?

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      Nowhere does it say your opponent can't weigh in at the full limit either.
                      I'm saying if Golovkin accepts 155, what's the problem? At the end of the day it's still the middleweight division... My problem is with people claiming that 155 isn't within the middleweight division.

Comment

Working...
                      X