Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it with Canelo and every Flavor of the Month?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with Canelo and every Flavor of the Month?

I swear it never fails... Going as far back to when he first won the WBC Light Middleweight championship. There was always a flavor of the month that Canelo "too much of a bitch to face."

First it was Angulo... yes believe or not new boxing fans there was a time where fans thought Canelo would never face Angulo and that Angulo would destroy him in 2 rounds. Hmm sounds familiar...

Then it was Kirkland after he destroyed Angulo in Cancun, it was the same thing. See above...

Then comes Austin Trout, I gotta give it up to the fans they got really creative with this one. That Canelo would never face him, Trout will make him look silly in the ring, Canelo should stay as far away as possible, bad style match up, etc.

Then comes Erislandy Lara... and same as above.

Here we are today with the new flavor of the month... GGG. And it's the same thing all over again.

So why after all these years are people still saying that Canelo will duck fighters?

Let's be real here, he's has a great resume (his last 6 fights). But, let's not act like he was phenomenal in each and everyone of those performances OK.

A lot of people believe he lost to Lara and Trout and they were style match-ups that he never really was able to deal with.

He's got the wins......... however "odd" they seem.

I hate the term "ducking", he and GBP are just being calculated imo.

Comment

I am a Canelo fan. I have listened for about six months from Cotto fans about how Cotto was going to easily knock him out. I knew he would beat Cotto easily. Now he is the lineal middleweight champion. If he doesn't fight GGG right away I won't hold it against him. Nobody else will fight GGG either. I just want to enjoy Canelo's great win. I am a big GGG fan as well. They are my two favorite fighters. It's selfish of me but I really don't want them to fight each other. I don't want either of them to lose. I would rather see both of them beat other good fighters. Whatever GGG and Canelo choose to do they are my favorites and I wish great success for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
        Let's be real here, he's has a great resume (his last 6 fights). But, let's not act like he was phenomenal in each and everyone of those performances OK.

A lot of people believe he lost to Lara and Trout and they were style match-ups that he never really was able to deal with.

I'm not talking about how he looked in the fights, what I'm talking about is people to this day claim that Canelo will duck this fighter and that fighter. And if it's not that, they'll quickly change it up to "De La Hoya/GBP/WBC won't dare let him fight this guy." I'm just waiting for the new flavor of the month after Canelo faces Golovkin.

Comment

Canelo actually was phenomenal in every one of the performances. Even a valiant effort in a loss to Floyd. He made Lara look like a b!tch, made Amgulo look like an amateur, made Kirkland look like a ****ing toilet. Like really, a ****ing toilet where you take a runny ****. And he made Trout look like an amateur. Meanwhile, the ****ing KID barely was able to grow a goatee. Give props or die. No weasel st1t. :

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
            I'm not talking about how he looked in the fights, what I'm talking about is people to this day claim that Canelo will duck this fighter and that fighter. And if it's not that, they'll quickly change it up to "De La Hoya/GBP/WBC won't dare let him fight this guy." I'm just waiting for the new flavor of the month after Canelo faces Golovkin.
            What people don't ****ing stop and think about is how did Trout, Lara, Angulo and Cotto look in their fights against Canelo? Hmmmmmm. I'll wait. (Pause.)

Comment

same goes for mayweather.

So Canelo is just fine.

Comment

You don't ask for a catchweight this shameful if you're not trying to duck, sorry. Ffs he was asking for 156 from Cotto, but mando gets 155 lol

Comment

Canelo beat both Lara and Trout and he beat them clearly. They were close fights but he won them. Those that say he lost are usually Canelo haters. He took the fight to them and landed the harder punches. He hurt Trout and knocked him down and won more rounds than Trout did. He chased Lara all fight and while Lara landed as many punches as Canelo he landed them while running away which takes power off the punches. Canelo landed harder punches than Lara and he landed them coming forward, not running backward. You don't win the fight by running away the way Lara did. Some people refuse to give him credit but he is now the lineal middleweight champ so they will have to live with that. GGG may be the best middleweight in the world but for now Canelo is the lineal middleweight champ. Canelo is better than Lara, Trout or Cotto at the age of 25. Canelo is improving will they are just getting older and worse.

Comment

Wow nobody was saying that about angulo. Maybe before he lost to kirkland but cmon. The Kirkland fight was a farce too wtf

Comment

Working...
                    X