No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Fury Gloves Dispute To Be Settled on Friday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Fury Gloves Dispute To Be Settled on Friday

The gloves row between the Tyson Fury and Wladimir Klitschko camps will be settled by boxing's governing bodies - just 24 hours before the fight.

The challenger is still waiting for a second pair of Paffen gloves - the brand selected by the WBA Super, IBF and WBO title holder - ahead of Saturday's showdown in Dusseldorf, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Fury's trainer and uncle Peter Fury confirmed there has been no problem with one pair they have been sent but made it clear the initial gloves were damaging his nephew's thumb.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What sort of fuckery is this? Fury comes up in his career with gloves that he prefers and gets accustomed to. Then in the biggest fight of his career, Klitschko gets to select Fury's gloves, which hurt his thumbs and are no doubt heavily padded?? That's garbage! A fighter should get to choose whatever gloves he wishes, as long as they are approved by the sanctioning body. Just for that, I hope Tyson is able to crack Klitschko's glass chin!

Comment

It must be exhausting working for Camp Klit...where your every waking moment is dedicated to manufacturing even the slightest advantages. Now they want the guy to use defective gloves? The dude was gonna pull out of the Haye fight until he found out Haye had a broken bone.

Comment

BUT BUT only Floyd decides what gloves his opponent wears doe

Comment

Does he usually choose the gloves for his opponent? I suppose even if he does we wouldn't know because his opponents turn up, don't speak and aim to survive. Obviously Fury and his team are not that way. Just wondering if it's always the case, like did Haye wear what he usually does?

But this is a straight up b1tch move i think. I think these needs to be cut out of boxing. Everyone should be allowed to wear whatever they want if approved by the commission.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Ah ha! Larry, didn't you recently clown somebody for bringing up Mayweather in a thread that had nothing to do with him? Busted!

Comment

He signed the contract, why b1tch ? His gloves will be there, if he wanted them that badly he would have had them six weeks ago.

Gotta love Bernd, he knows how to really get into the oppositions head. Big Mick was made to look a bit stupid there "5 weeks, Mick, 5 weeks" "any other professional our amateur would have known after 1 or 2 days maximum they needed new gloves, but no !"

I thought that presser was hilarious, and when that backwards hillbilly fückwitted father of Fury's piped up I nearly creased over. I swear this family are like something from a comedy sketch. They should do a programme on them, like keeping up with the Kardashian's or at home with the Osbournes. I swear it would be entertainment gold. Let Big John have the lead roll whilst Tyson is out buying a new fur coat with that sister of his with the blonde hair he's had all them kids with.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Also, im sure Floyd had no problem with Pacquiao or anyone else wearing what they wanted to wear. He had no problem with Maidana wearing whatever he wanted in the first fight until he felt the gloves they had brought themselves unsealed. So he was unhappy at that and said they now have to wear what he is. If that's the true story, which it seems to be, then i can understand where he was coming from. I'd never known him having a problem any other time? Pacquiao wore the same gloves Maidana was going to wear and it's not like Pacquiao is feather fisted, he's a big puncher.

This is a much worse situation i think, to the point where team Klitschko are in charge of ordering the gloves from the manufacturer for Fury that will arrive the day before. Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                  He signed the contract, why b1tch ? His gloves will be there, if he wanted them that badly he would have had them six weeks ago.

Gotta love Bernd, he knows how to really get into the oppositions head. Big Mick was made to look a bit stupid there "5 weeks, Mick, 5 weeks" "any other professional our amateur would have known after 1 or 2 days maximum they needed new gloves, but no !"

I thought that presser was hilarious, and when that backwards hillbilly fückwitted father of Fury's piped up I nearly creased over. I swear this family are like something from a comedy sketch. They should do a programme on them, like keeping up with the Kardashian's or at home with the Osbournes. I swear it would be entertainment gold. Let Big John have the lead roll whilst Tyson is out buying a new fur coat with that sister of his with the blonde hair he's had all them kids with.
                  There could be a method to the madness. Of course, Fury's camp didn't like the idea of Klitschko's camp dictating which gloves Tyson will wear, but to avoid haggling, they agreed. Then close to the fight, they say the gloves hurt Fury's thumbs. Since they have to be ordered, and an order for gloves for Fury's giant hands takes time, maybe they don't arrive on time. And if they do arrive on time, maybe they hurt too. What to do? Well it just so happens that Tyson's favorite gloves are available. Surely Klitschko's camp won't scrap a fight at the last minute over gloves, right?
                  Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 11-25-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

His gloves will be there, their is about €25 million riding on this fight for K2.

Comment

Working...
                    X