Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Which Wladimir Klitschko Will We Get Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Which Wladimir Klitschko Will We Get Saturday?

By Cliff Rold - There are moments when the king of this sport looks the savage part. We got one roughly this time last year. Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53 KO), longtime Heavyweight champion, was staring down the barrel at the best available contender he hadn’t beaten yet.

Undefeated Kubrat Pulev had put some quality wins together, had size, and too bad for him had talked a bit too much for the champ’s liking. Klitschko shook off a wobbling shot in the first round and went through Pulev with violent authority.

There was no mistaking what had happened. Klitschko’s disdain for Pulev was evident. It wasn’t pre-fight hype. Putting a chip on Klitschko’s shoulder got Pulev put into the floor. It was one of the most devastating title defenses seen in the division since Lennox Lewis avenged his loss to Hasim Rahman.

It was a hell of a moment.

The problem for those who struggle to embrace Klitschko is there aren’t a lot of performances like that. Sure, he usually ends fights with a knockout. His power has never been questioned. What he hasn’t always done is fight like he was really out to hurt someone from bell to bell [Click Here To Read More]

Theres only two. The boring hugger and the quitter. Shouldn't be any reason to quit against Fury so that kind of narrows it down.

Comment

I feel like it'll be similar to Pulev, a dirty knockdown at first.. leading up to a KO

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
        Theres only two. The boring hugger and the quitter. Shouldn't be any reason to quit against Fury so that kind of narrows it down.
        Lou Cipher: What fight are you referring to that Klitschko quit in? Ross Puritty, corner threw in the towel. Cory Sanders, K kept getting up from knockdowns and ref stopped it. Lamon Brewster, ref stopped the fight. In none of these did Klitschko ever quit. I know his style can lead to some boring fights. I'm hopeful that he fights more like the Pulev fight than the Povetkin stinker. But to say the man quit in a fight is untrue. If he was a quitter, you'd have never heard from again after his loses. Or he would have given up against Sam Peter. Dude is tough, whether you like him or not, it's a fact. Respect. Ike out.....

Comment

LOL. 'Boring Klit' can murder Pacman just with one punch.

Comment

A Klitschko that is going to be tested & may or may not come out unscathed.

For me I think this fight will go a long way towards defining my lasting impression of Klitschko. He's always been Vitali's lesser lil brother who at least arguably came into his own right when the HW divisions took a huge ****. Tyson Fury is one of the few legit challenges Klitschko has had during his reign (imo). Most of his competition has been smaller &/or far lesser skilled guys. Granted you gotta respect Klitschko on longevity alone + getting his strategy down to a science + the gifts he's been given that he's not forsaken & even being the best of this subpar era cuz thats nothing Klitschko can do anything about. But if he loses on Saturday my lasting impression of him will be of simply being the tallest midget for the last decade & he was just benefited from his timing (in history) than his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
              LOL. 'Boring Klit' can murder Pacman just with one punch.
              Funny how a 100 pound weight advantage and 1 foot height advantage can do that for you. I'd still bet any amount of money it would be more like Klitchko W12 Pacquaio LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ike4president1970 View Post
                Lou Cipher: What fight are you referring to that Klitschko quit in? Ross Puritty, corner threw in the towel. Cory Sanders, K kept getting up from knockdowns and ref stopped it. Lamon Brewster, ref stopped the fight. In none of these did Klitschko ever quit. I know his style can lead to some boring fights. I'm hopeful that he fights more like the Pulev fight than the Povetkin stinker. But to say the man quit in a fight is untrue. If he was a quitter, you'd have never heard from again after his loses. Or he would have given up against Sam Peter. Dude is tough, whether you like him or not, it's a fact. Respect. Ike out.....
                He quits mentally. When he gets flustered he completely falls apart and looks to the ref and corner to save him. Look at the punches he was throwing at Sanders in the end. Those were 100% "save me" punches. Reminds me of when a guy gets up at 9.75 and does a fake wobble when the ref doesnt say 10. You are correct he hasn't quit in the traditional sense. I just see it in his eyes when he's finished and is trying to relay to the ref and cornermen that he is done.
                Last edited by Lou Cipher; 11-25-2015, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Boring hugger who looks for a decision win with jabs.

Comment

He quits mentally. When he gets flustered he completely falls apart and looks to the ref and corner to save him. Look at the punches he was throwing at Sanders in the end. Those were 100% "save me" punches. Reminds me of when a guy gets up at 9.75 and does a fake wobble when the ref doesnt say 10. You are correct he hasn't quit in the traditional sense. I just see it in his eyes when he's finished and is trying to relay to the ref and cornermen that he is done.
                    Wow, so much garbage right here ^^^.

Comment

Working...
                    X