Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Plots Mid-2016 Return, Confident He Won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop being a crybaby.Next time donīt run so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LiberalGuy View Post
      Scenario A: Immediate rematch with Canelo to bail him out of facing Golovkin

Scenario B: Another AMAZING COMEBACK against some guy with a peg leg

In other words PLEASE retire
      maybe THIS guy is available. It would be the natural evolution from Yuri Foreman, to Martinez, to him........

Comment

Let's be honest if you put golden boy under truth serum they wanted the fight to be close so fans would demand a rematch and they could sell it and make more money and put GGG on hold. Problem is the fight was one sided and decisive and few fans are asking for a rematch and all the reporters wanted to talk about is GGG after the fight. fans and media don't act like that if you won cotto. And not once did he say he wants Canelo again and neither did roach. Roach said he wants to bring cotto back to 154 if he wants to keep fighting and that he wants canelo to fight GGG next. Cotto would of heard his own trainer say that if he had the balls to show up to the post fight press conference.

Comment

3 fight $50 million dollar deal. Damn, these top boxers make more money than top NBA, NFL, MLB guys minus the endorsement deals. I think the only way they can compete with the top boxers is with a lot of endorsements and sneaker sales, like LeBron James signed a $47 million dollar deal for two seasons but he gets way more than that from sneaker sales and other revenue. Otherwise, Cotto making possibly $20mill off of one 36 minute fight is some serious money. Combine the 8 week training camp with that and it's still a lot of money for an athlete with 2 months of work. Most boxers listed by Forbes have a 0 next to endorsements and they still make the top 100 richest athletes which is incredible because of the volume of MLB, NBA, NFL athletes with multi million dollar contracts worth in the $10 millions a year. It's too bad not all boxers enjoy this wealth though, only about 4-5 boxers at a time are in the top 100. Floyd forever had 0 endorsement revenue but now Forbes lists it at $15million.

Comment

Cotto Bradley. Make it happen. I would also watch a Pacquaio rematch

Judging by Cotto's past opposition though he'll probably end up fighting Rios at 154.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-25-2015, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
              U lost cotto. Let the man with the balls fight GGG. Ur just a Diva who loves pink. U lost all the big fights. May, pac, canelo.
              His career after he moved up from 147 is very shaky filled with wins over washed up or damaged goods fighters. Lost all his biggest fights decisively except Martinez which has a massive question mark because how shot his knees were for that fight. He ducked Sergio for years and then only cherry picked him when he was shot.

Comment

Starting to realize why people hate Marquez so much

Comment

I hope Cotto reverses his opinion now that he doesn't owe GGG $800k. Idek wtf he's thinking there outside of some weird logic that cuz he didn't get to defend the title the fact that GGG allowed him to fight for the title vs Canelo didn't already happen & that is what GGG is owed $800k for. Maybe that Gabby cat gots some sketchy wording into that deal idk, but that withstanding sounds like Cotto is trying to do GGG wrong.

I'm kinda hoping that Cotto will decide to fight GGG next if Canelo passes. I think that would be the best fight to make for Cotto & I think the movement he showed vs Canelo could cause issues for GGG. For how long it causes issues is anyones guess, but I thought Willie Monroe showed some holes in GGG's style that others haven't even if he came up short.

GGG vs Cotto out of play I think the best move would be to fight the Andy Lee vs Billy Joe Saunders winner for another belt. I don't think 154 offers much unless Cotto just wants to go out a surefire winner vs James Kirkland. Outside of that he gots a Demetrius Andrade fight that I don't think I see him winning & has lil upside without a title at stake & considering the time Andrade has wasted (although it'd be a great fight for Andrade to land if his people can swing it) or maybe the Clottey vs Rosado winner (less on the Clottey side since they already fought & Clotty gave Cotto a tough night & more on the Rosado side if he can pull it off as thats a surefire win for Cotto to).

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
                    Cotto Bradley. Make it happen. I would also watch a Pacquaio rematch

Judging by Cotto's past opposition though he'll probably end up fighting Rios at 154.
                    Lara will embarrass him and no way he fights Bradley not after how messy he left top rank. I doubt arum let's any his fighters face cotto. His options are very limited now that he lost and has no middleweight title. He can't fight haymon fighters because the beef with roc nation can't fight top rank fighters. And can't fight boo boo because he is suing roc nation. Who is left for him? Young hungry dangerous fighters who don't have big name or bring much money to the table but will probably still beat cotto.
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-25-2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Oh that Cotto, how he cries

Comment

Working...
                      X