Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Canelo Alvarez Clearly Beat Miguel Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Can I honestly ask you something bro? Are you seriously going out of your way to get wrapped up in pointless discussions here? Or do you genuinely not respect the right of people to be fans of who they are fans of? Because honestly i'm confused considering all of our interactions come from you initiating them. To answer your question I want him to fight Canelo, I don't want any weight excuses and I want it to be a good fight. A dude is holding a MW title right now with only one fight at the division I do believer there are ten people in that division more worthy of having gotten that shot. I see you talking about rolling out red carpets, the man earned the mandatory position and your hate of the guy is honestly and in sheer brutal honesty making you look bad bruh. Like seriously, I can't wait to see you bashing another mandatory in another division the same way you bash this man like you are getting paid for it. WE GET IT...YOU DON'T LIKE HIM. Know what normal people do when they don't like something? They spend their time on something or someone they enjoy instead.

Watching you guys plan your " elevation parties " is amusing to me.

Back in the old days, we used to have fight party's

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Watching you guys plan your " elevation parties " is amusing to me.

Back in the old days, we used to have fight party's
      Not sure you realize exactly how old I actually am, talking about fight parties like I don't know anything about that or rent parties either. Elevation parties? The dude has been the mandatory to the belt for two years...let's stop acting like this guy has had it all handed to him like Broner did or for that matter the current belt holder. If we want to talk about easiest paths to belt holding we can be here all night and i'll gladly remind you of many names i'm sure you don't criticize.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
        Do you have a link that said no catch weight?
        Here you go, this article on BoxingScene mentions that because it is a mandatory they can't really force a catch weight: http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...-canelo--97113

Another boxing site says:
        "His trainer Eddy Reynoso also said that Canelo will continue to fight at catch-weights of 155lbs, because that’s his weight. What this means, of course, is that it’s going to put Golovkin in a situation where he’ll either need to agree to the 155lb catch-weight if Canelo insists on using it for his title defenses, or Golovkin can refuse. If that happens, then the WBC will need to step in and strip Canelo of his WBC title for failing to defend the belt at the full weight for the division at 160. Canelo can’t force Golovkin to fight him at a catch-weight of 155, given that he’s the WBC mandatory challenger."
        and further:
        "If Canelo insists on using a handicap for his title defense against Golovkin by trying to force a catch-weight, then the WBC is going to need to do their job by stripping Canelo of the title."

(BoxingScene won't let me type the name of the site the article can be found in , but it should be at the top of the results if you do a Google search for:
        "Canelo: “I’m ready for Golovkin,” won’t vacate WBC title" )
        Last edited by pensum; 11-25-2015, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Not sure you realize exactly how old I actually am, talking about fight parties like I don't know anything about that or rent parties either. Elevation parties? The dude has been the mandatory to the belt for two years...let's stop acting like this guy has had it all handed to him like Broner did or for that matter the current belt holder. If we want to talk about easiest paths to belt holding we can be here all night and i'll gladly remind you of many names i'm sure you don't criticize.

Golovkin has absolutely had the world handed to him on a silver platter.

They stated for years that GGG could beat " anyone from 154-168 ".

Well, not only have they done no such thing, they will not even try

Golovkin will break Hopkins record for title defences without even facing 1 world-class opponent.

The WBC president is falling over himself to lay out the red carpet and inexplicably pave the way for the WBA champ Golovkin..... WTF?

We are getting almost daily press releases from the WBC confirming their position, this was today's effort.....
          http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez-...eheader--98592

I guess they forgot that the WBA champ WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO - WHO HAS BEEN DOMINATING THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION FOR..... oh I dunno, about a DECADE..... beat the **** out of their #1 guy Povetkin

Whatever man, accept/support that lame rubbish if you wish.

Comment

Golovkin will break Hopkins record for title defences without even facing 1 world-class opponent.

The WBC president is falling over himself to lay out the red carpet and inexplicably pave the way for the WBA champ Golovkin..... WTF?

We are getting almost daily press releases from the WBC confirming their position, this was today's effort.....

I guess they forgot that the WBA champ WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO - WHO HAS BEEN DOMINATING THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION FOR..... oh I dunno, about a DECADE..... beat the **** out of their #1 guy Povetkin

Let me ask you this, are you cool with Broner's four division championship claim? Considering Broner has only had to actually earn his shot in one division. This guy hasn't claimed anything except "I want to unify all the belts and I will fight anyone I have to do it". Now that's his quote, should we get into the quotes coming from those elite fighters? Martinez trainer: Martinez does not need to fight a monster like Golovkin. Cotto: "We'll see....maybe". Canelo: I'm not a middle weight. De La Hoya: We need to let that marinate. Quillin: Al Haymon. Jacobs: Al Haymon. Lara: I want to fight Golovkin...two days later i'm fighting so and so. At what point do you start blaming "the top boxers" for not calling his bluff if he's hype. I can see why everyone leans on Ward because he's p4p and all that but what about the other names? Not one of them has offered the guy an actual fight. So let's blame one guy for everyone else wanting no part of him. Hell even Froch buckled when the guys name was mentioned.

Comment

Let me ask you this, are you cool with Broner's four division championship claim?

Your post is just an attempted deflection.

Broner is completely irrelevant in this regard.

Broner is actually a horrible example, and your excuses for Golovkin are ridiculous..... Broner will fight anyone, Golovkin will not.

Is Broner being exalted as a top P4P fighter ?

Did Broner state that he can beat anyone over a span of 3 divisions, and then completely refuse to even try?

Did Broner avoid Ward/Lara/Cotto/Canelo ?

Will Broner beat Hopkins record for title defences without facing 1 world-class opponent?

Golovkin talked it, but will not walk it.

Broner will fight anyone, so yeah..... horrible example.

This guy hasn't claimed anything except "I want to unify all the belts and I will fight anyone I have to do it".

Are you fkn stupid ?

Dude, DON'T FKN LIE TO ME !

Golovkin's ENTIRE hype/marketing/PR-train was based around "anyone from 154-168"...... and the fact that he is this supposed avoided killer.

DUDE, they made that statement for AT LEAST THREE YEARS !

The whole " middleweight doe " thing..... is completely new, and only started once Ward punked Hypekin away from 168, and Cotto/Canelo punked Hypekin away from 154.

Oh right, so you didn't notice any of that..... right

Now that's his quote, should we get into the quotes coming from those elite fighters? Martinez trainer: Martinez does not need to fight a monster like Golovkin. Cotto: "We'll see....maybe". Canelo: I'm not a middle weight. De La Hoya: We need to let that marinate. Quillin: Al Haymon. Jacobs: Al Haymon. Lara: I want to fight Golovkin...two days later i'm fighting so and so. At what point do you start blaming "the top boxers" for not calling his bluff if he's hype. I can see why everyone leans on Ward because he's p4p and all that but what about the other names? Not one of them has offered the guy an actual fight. So let's blame one guy for everyone else wanting no part of him. Hell even Froch buckled when the guys name was mentioned.

GGG COULD have fought Ward/Lara/Cotto/Canelo, but he CHOSE not to.

Keyword = CHOSE !

And you know it.

And this is a far more accurate timeline than that stuff you wrote.....

First it was, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160, 168 "
              http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...-at-154160-168

Then Andre Ward announced his comeback.

So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160, 164 "
              http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...0-split--93258

Then Ward said that he would consider a catchweight.

So then it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160 "
              http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Abel_...ht_us/10102303

Then Cotto/Canelo both insisted upon a catchweight.

Then it was, " Gennady Golovkin eyes unification at middleweight "
              http://www.ibtimes.com.au/boxing-new...titles-1476074

Then Ward moved to LHW.

So NOW it is, " Golovkin Will Go Anywhere To Face Carl Froch! "
              http://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-g...l-froch--97726

WTF ?????

When the GGG hype-train left the station, most fans were under the impression that GGG actually wanted to fight guys like Ward/Cotto/Canelo/Lara.

Golovkin used to fight in the 154-168 division..... then Ward punked him away from 168..... then Cotto/Canelo punked him away from 154..... then Lara, well Lara just punked him, period.

" at 160..... on HBO..... in Kazakhstan ".

Golovkin fights in the " 159-161, except Lara " division.

Comment

turnedup.....

Why did you reply to this post, and yet completely ignore it ?

How could you possibly support the bold ?

Or what, you didn't notice any of that stuff happening either, right ?

Comment

You " fans " who expect us long-term boxing guys to inexplicably drop our standards for your latest girlfriend, are..... " special "

Because..... it is easier for us to drop our standards, than it is for Golovkin to attempt to live up to his hype and fight someone with a pulse..... right ?

SMFH

Comment

Your post is just an attempted deflection.

Broner is completely irrelevant in this regard.

Broner is actually a horrible example, and your excuses for Golovkin are ridiculous..... Broner will fight anyone, Golovkin will not.

Is Broner being exalted as a top P4P fighter ?

Did Broner state that he can beat anyone over a span of 3 divisions, and then completely refuse to even try?

Did Broner avoid Ward/Lara/Cotto/Canelo ?

Will Broner beat Hopkins record for title defences without facing 1 world-class opponent?

Golovkin talked it, but will not walk it.

Broner will fight anyone, so yeah..... horrible example.

Are you fkn stupid ?

Dude, DON'T FKN LIE TO ME !

Golovkin's ENTIRE hype/marketing/PR-train was based around "anyone from 154-168"...... and the fact that he is this supposed avoided killer.

DUDE, they made that statement for AT LEAST THREE YEARS !

The whole " middleweight doe " thing..... is completely new, and only started once Ward punked Hypekin away from 168, and Cotto/Canelo punked Hypekin away from 154.

Oh right, so you didn't notice any of that..... right

GGG COULD have fought Ward/Lara/Cotto/Canelo, but he CHOSE not to.

Keyword = CHOSE !

And you know it.

And this is a far more accurate timeline than that stuff you wrote.....
                    Since I am absolutely and irrefutably now convinced that you can't go a day without exercising your inner lawyer or a day without drama..Wlad is the greatest modern day heavyweight, ward is a top 5 talent in the sport. I believe Golovkin has not actually had it easy like people like to state but has been caught up in boxing politics. People forget that the Quillin's of the world also wanted zero to do with Golovkin, the names that have had the question posed to them that have not even tried to front for the cameras about not having any interest in fighting him is pretty clear. Broner has had every opportunity at his benefit because of his promoter, this guy actually has not. This is the third champion to possess the wbc belt since the first rumblings of Golovkin maybe deserving a shot. All three have pretty much elected to say no, make a side deal, or now create their own weight class. The interesting thing is here when Ward was going through his shhh with Goosen it was cool, it's just business, Andre has to feed his kin. The fanbase of this sport is rife with people who absolutely need a villain or a target. I'll say this again, the man is the mandatory champion, he earned that, outside of HBO there are tons of supporters of his position because they can look at things objectively. Not having what others consider "top tier" scalps on your resume isn't your fault when the other guys say "NO" to fighting you. I think it's also massively hypocritical of any fan to sit here and say "abandon lineal glory" to go fight a guy who is currently 2 divisions above you. I say this for the same reason that the Mayweather v. Marquez fight was a sham.

Comment

You " fans " who expect us long-term boxing guys to inexplicably drop our standards for your latest girlfriend, are..... " special "

Because..... it is easier for us to drop our standards, than it is for Golovkin to attempt to live up to his hype and fight someone with a pulse..... right ?

SMFH
                      Long time boxing guys....that's the first sign that you are a full of shhhh biased noob. As soon as mofo's start with the strokin' of their own ego's as a bigger fan than anyone else or more of an expert. Fuk outta here with that, any real old time fan of the sport doesn't feel the need to stroke themselves nearly as much as you do. Sit down and enjoy some turkey and going forth please ignore my posts since you have such a disdain for golovkin or anyone that supports him. Mofo's got hooked on that pacquaio v mayweather drama and now need their @ssholes constantly probed with drama. Feb 2015 account.. Ignore list gets another name on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X