Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Canelo Alvarez Clearly Beat Miguel Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, he did it. He won 116-112.

Today Teddy Atlas said that for him, Canelo won 116-112...

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

Sulaiman also regrets that some media hurt a night that was dedicated to boxing and fans by believing that Cotto was robbed.

This a clear message to TV Azteca.

**** off Tv Azteca!

Comment

Sulaiman loves Canelo, people actually think he'll be stripped of the WBC title? Highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by pensum View Post
        Monday? I thought Sulaiman had announced before the fight that the winner had 15 days to agree to a fight with the mandated challenger GGG, which by the WBC's own rules cannot be at catchweight. So are we to believe that Canelo has come to an agreement with GGG already? or simply that he insists on a catchweight and hence will relinquish his title? It'd be mighty strange for Sulaiman to go out of his way to draw attention to Canelo vacating and i'd be more than surprised if Canelo agreed to fight at the middlewight limit of 160, so i'm baffled.
        Do you have a link that said no catch weight?

Comment

Why wouldn't sulaiman support canelo? Wasn't cotto the one to tell sulaiman to fuk off with the money he owes them and that he agreed to pay in order to fight canelo? Sulaiman told them and he is sticking to his guns no agreement to fight ggg and the title goes to him.

Canelo beat cotto by a wider than martinez did with salido.

So stop crying and take it like it is cotto by no means got robbed!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman is making is clear to everyone that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez was technically superior, more accurate and threw the heavier punches, which earned him the WBC middleweight crown from Miguel Cotto at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Sulaiman also regrets that some media hurt a night that was dedicated to boxing and fans by believing that Cotto was robbed. And he's encouraging the members of the press who saw a different fight to objectively sit down and watch the entire event once again. [Click Here To Read More]
            The WBC will wait until Monday to confirm what..... wankery they intend to perform in order to oll out the red carpet for Hypekin

Good of them to wait until Monday LMAO

Could they be any more transparent.

Comment

leave these cries of "robbery" for when it really fits. in this case, cotto lost. no matter how you slice it. you might say cards were too wide but the right man won.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Agreed, now come next week we don't want to hear any bullshhh about "in the spirit of making of the holy father of belt polish tubs we are ordering a rematch". Keep your word Sulaiman.
                Does it annoy you having to wait until Monday ?

How rude of the WBC to make Lovekins loyal supporters wait so long.

It is fkn hilarious that the WBC are OBVIOUSLY going to a lot more effort to facilitate Golovkin being elevated, than they are to making Golovkin/Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                  From the sounds of this statement, I don't think GGG gets an opportunity next to fight Canelo. Sorry but GGG will more than likely have to wait another 6 months before the Mega Showdown between himself and Canelo.

I bet the WBC will allow Canelo to do 1 voluntary defense before the mandatory against GGG.

From a business since it makes perfect since to build the fight up. But from a fans view it sucks because we will have to probably wait until September next year to see this showdown.

As long as these guys both fight top quality opposition next then we fans will continue to support Canelo/GGG.
                  Team Hypekin will demand the fight NOW, and they will refuse a cw.

GGG/Canelo will not happen, and neither Team GGG, nor the WBC, will care.

HBO need their network darling alive and unmolested, they will not take any risks with Canelo..... I am absolutely positive that Golovkin would prefer not to fight him.

Golovkin would fight him at 160 NOW, because they obviously have a clear advantage...... but not at cw, and they will not give Canelo time to prepare for MW, they don't roll like that.

Comment

Bollocks!!,i watched with a sober head(yes a a Cotto fan) but at the very most if u were a drunk Canelo fan id say 8-4 to Canelo but 118-109 to Canelo..........seriously???????

Comment

i think most actually thought the fight was close not that cotto got robbed they saying he got robbed of a legit score card u telling me he only won 2 or 3 rounds? no nway

Comment

Working...
                      X