Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Wins Big, Stays Firm on Golovkin Weight Stance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He does know he's holding the 160lb belt? 155 such a shame. And this is why Lineal status means nothing now in days.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
      Canelo can't even enjoy his biggest victory in his career that he just won an hour ago without getting GGG questions.

He looked great tonight. He has improved so much since that boxing lesson put on him a few years ago. No I don't think the result would change between him and Money May if they fought now either.

He is a Middleweight. Do I think he fights GGG the first half of 2016? No. But I think the second half of 2016 he will. A deal will be made.

He's cut from a different cloth. A true throwback in the sport.

I hope people respect him more after this performance, and acknowledge his in ring growth/improvement. CANELO DESERVES CREDIT!!!!
      1000% agree! And the other time Lara crashed his party. He just needs to ignore the "B"siders and enjoy the win. Not like GGG has fought a real fighter his entire PRO career. He should be suking Kov's Dic for making Ward go away...154-168 SMH Fk'n LIAR

Comment

The A side has spoken.

Comment

I don't think Canelo realizes that he may actually have an advantage at fighting at 160 limit instead of these catchweights which clearly take a lot of out him.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
            Canelo the A side
            GGG the C Side...Can Crushing PPV Flop.

Comment

Floyd canelo looking closer to happening now. Another weight class title and lineal. Ggg would prob be a good boy and take another step aside

Comment

No surprise. I hope we see Canelo/GGG next May but this fight only happens on Canelo's terms.
                Canelo said he could make 150 years before the Mayweather fight and it got used against him. GGG said he would go down to 154 for Jr. and Canelo will say if you can do that for him you can do 155 for ginger stick man.

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                  Pay $ for the catchweight
                  Sack up and fight at 160lb limit
                  Be stripped of your title.

Those are his options.
                  Is paying to drain yourself an A-side power move?
                  Yeah, Canelo will have to make a compromise somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    if he wants to keep the WBC title, he has to make a deal with GGG.

Period
                    Canelo can drop that title and go on to have big money making fights against several different opponents. He doesn't need the belt or Golovkin.

GGG on the other hand can't make more money against anyone else. If he wants a huge purse and increased PPV notoriety then he can't afford to blow this chance of fighting Canelo.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X