Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Sounds Off, Rips Apart Floyd Mayweather Jr!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
    He was 33 yeah he was past it but he was defiantly still elite .Floyd being p4p for over a decade doesnt have the same significance as it did 20 yrs ago .. Much deeper talent polls I mean look GGG is ranked p4p yet hasn't beat anyone of note ..

As far as the fight it cold have been scored a draw but Oscar edged it out not enough from Whitiker to get the w IMO .
    No debate that the talent was much deeper then. You had Pernell, Roy, Hopkins, De La, Kosta Tyszu etc. And even though Floyd was a top 10 P4P guy since '97, he can't help that his era was weaker.

As for the fight, it's a highly debated fight that no 2 people can ever agree on. Pernell looked more comfortable and in control while Oscar looked & fought like he was loosing. I think Pea did enough

Comment

• Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
      No debate that the talent was much deeper then. You had Pernell, Roy, Hopkins, De La, Kosta Tyszu etc. And even though Floyd was a top 10 P4P guy since '97, he can't help that his era was weaker.

As for the fight, it's a highly debated fight that no 2 people can ever agree on. Pernell looked more comfortable and in control while Oscar looked & fought like he was loosing. I think Pea did enough
      It was an ugly fight could have went either way I just felt there was t enough scoring offense from Pea to get him the W .

Yeah it's not his fault his era is so weak but the downside to that is people just started putting any flavor of the month in then p4p rankings so it really got watered down in the last couple of years .

Comment

• Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
        Floyd lost to Oscar in the ring, lost to Oscar in Olympic Glory, Lost to Oscar in the Promotional game, and as of this article, has officially lost to Oscar in the game of life. Fraud Pedcheater Jr, wife of Oscar DLH.
        Mayweather took Hoya's title " Mr Boxing ".

Mayweather outsold Hoya in PPV sales.

Mayweather will go down as a better fighter than Hoya

Mayweather beat Hoya head-to-head.

The fact is, Hoya keeps taking L's from Mayweather..... but cool story bro.

Comment

• In years to come when people talk about who is better they will dissect their resumes and Oscar two win over. Whitiker and Chavez Sr are better than any single win on frauds !

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Mayweather took Hoya's title " Mr Boxing ".

Mayweather outsold Hoya in PPV sales.

Mayweather will go down as a better fighter than Hoya

Mayweather beat Hoya head-to-head.

The fact is, Hoya keeps taking L's from Mayweather..... but cool story bro.
            Oscar just beat Floyd in the who has the smarter fans competition. Go buy spinning rims, you stupid ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
              Oscar just beat Floyd in the who has the smarter fans competition. Go buy spinning rims, you stupid ass
              Nah, I've read some of your other posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Nah, I've read some of your other posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Never took riskes??

1-Moving up 5 division is not taking a risk??

2-fighting p4p top 10 fighters in different divisions is not taking risks?

3-fighting more then half of your fights against world champions is not taking a risk?

and is Oscar himself saying all his fighters are not risks including himself???

Cotto and Canelo the fight he is d1ckriding right now...neither one of them were risks?
                  I was siding with Floyd on this one, of course he took risks, but calculated risks is what Oscar is implying. Like I said though someone should check in with Floyd to see if he gives a damn what anyone thinks.

Comment

Working...
                  X