Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko on the cover of the "Sport Magazine".

Comment

• Am I the only one who has seen a change in Wlad post-Stewart? He was always a very good offensive fighter, which was his undoing in his losses, especially when he gassed against Brewster and Donald.

He fought Pulev with a similar style. Pulev was outgunned and it was a fan friendly fight but Wlad would likely gas if he were to fight that way into deeper rounds.

He has said he is more aggressive against bigger fighters. If he is speaking truthfully on his strategy it may work against him.

Fury's movement may present stamina problems down the stretch as well, and his body work too, if he's able to get it in. The movement also has potential to neutralize some of Wlad's offense, needless to say.

Jennings was successful at this, but didn't have the return fire to be effective.

I think Fury may be looking to take Wlad. deep and drown him.

One other point, Wlad. has had trouble with southpaws. Sanders' kayo is an obvious instance, but also Thompson. He had trouble landing on Ibragimov as well, despite dominating the action in that fight.

Fury is an orthodox switch hitter of course (is he left handed though?) and has poor defense from southpaw and a mediocre lead hand, but he does have a solid straight left that he may be able to land pretty well, given the angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        Am I the only one who has seen a change in Wlad post-Stewart? He was always a very good offensive fighter, which was his undoing in his losses, especially when he gassed against Brewster and Donald.

He fought Pulev with a similar style. Pulev was outgunned and it was a fan friendly fight but Wlad would likely gas if he were to fight that way into deeper rounds.

He has said he is more aggressive against bigger fighters. If he is speaking truthfully on his strategy it may work against him.

Fury's movement may present stamina problems down the stretch as well, and his body work too, if he's able to get it in. The movement also has potential to neutralize some of Wlad's offense, needless to say.

Jennings was successful at this, but didn't have the return fire to be effective.

I think Fury may be looking to take Wlad. deep and drown him.

One other point, Wlad. has had trouble with southpaws. Sanders' kayo is an obvious instance, but also Thompson. He had trouble landing on Ibragimov as well, despite dominating the action in that fight.

Fury is an orthodox switch hitter of course (is he left handed though?) and has poor defense from southpaw and a mediocre lead hand, but he does have a solid straight left that he may be able to land pretty well, given the angle.
        You make good observations. But when has Vlad gassed last time? Ages ago, and they were strange instances. Haye for instance was a mover and very light on his feet, Vlad was stalking him around for 12. But it's a good point about Fury taking the fight deep, I'm sure he will try and make it a long fight too. Actually if Fury can avoid Vlad's straight right and left hook for the first half of the fight it could get very interesting. I just don't know what Fury will bring, I don't see him outboxing Vlad in any way, hopefully he has something up his sleeve that none of us witnessed yet (as he says he has).

Surely Fury will look like a complete fool if he doesn't bring anything special after all the trash talk and bravado.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
          After all his boasting and denigrating Wladimir Klitschko, Tyson Fury is going to look like a complete fool if he loses.
          Yes. Can't wait to see Fury cut down to size.

"Timmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr"

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
            After all his boasting and denigrating Wladimir Klitschko, Tyson Fury is going to look like a complete fool if he loses.
            I wonder why this fight isn't featured on the front page here, why put danny vs peter over wlad ?

Comment

• Last edited by Weltschmerz; 11-26-2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• How many of us actually believe Fury is gonna go for KO and not survive like every other person Wlad has faced?

Comment

• Fury "IF HE CAN'T LAND THAT BOMB THEN HE'S IN TROUBLE, BIG TIME."

Comment

• Originally posted by Krusher P4P #1 View Post
                    How many of us actually believe Fury is gonna go for KO and not survive like every other person Wlad has faced?
                    100% believe that Fury is not going in there to survive.

However, with Wlad's power and accuracy.. It might turn out that way. But I think Fury's 100% confident.

Comment

• I'm going for Wlad by 3rd round KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X