Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence vs Barrera is now an IBF WW Title Eliminator.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spence vs Barrera is now an IBF WW Title Eliminator.

Edit:

Its NOT a final eliminator, the winner will face the leading IBF contender of the time to finally determine the mandatory challenger to Brook-Bizier. This indirectly confirms Brook-Bizier.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...tle-eliminator
    Last edited by Box-Office; 11-26-2015, 10:21 PM.

Is it a final eliminator?

Comment

Well that's not a bad fight to have, its a pity its not Spence vs Brook being lined up for now, Bizier is meh but then again I doubt Spence opponent stands a chance either.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        Well that's not a bad fight to have, its a pity its not Spence vs Brook being lined up for now, Bizier is meh but then again I doubt Spence opponent stands a chance either.
        I thought Brook got off light having JoJo Dan as his mandatory when Dan beat Bizier.
        Brook ends up having to fight Bizier after all.
        Brook should win this one, but Bizier actually throws punches and we've seen Brook shaken up before.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Is it a final eliminator?
          Semi final. The winner will fight the leading contender available to determine the mandatory challenger for the Brook-Bizier winner. This article also indirectly confirms the Brook-Bizier bout. I don't get why its not on English speaking outlets yet.

Comment

Wish we could just have Spence/Brook right now but hopefully these fights lead to that.

War Spence!

Comment

Spence will destroy Brook when it happens. Mark my words.

in fact, Spence will be/is the best welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                Edit:

Its NOT a final eliminator, the winner will face the leading IBF contender of the time to finally determine the mandatory challenger to Brook-Bizier. This indirectly confirms Brook-Bizier.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...tle-eliminator
                In other words, the IBF is following in the footsteps of the WBA and WBC in squeezing sanctioning fees out of fighters for in every way they can. The IBF basically told these two fighters that, if they ever want to fight for an IBF title, they have to pay sanctioning fees for at least the next three fights -- this preliminary eliminator, a final eliminator and an actual title fight!

This is pathetic!

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                  Spence will destroy Brook when it happens. Mark my words.

in fact, Spence will be/is the best welterweight.
                  Its won't happen , I see Brook going after Liam Smith 154 title by next summer

Comment

They can do this fight and then have the winner, Spence, fight Chaves and the winner of that gets the title shot...

Or they can just skip to Brook-Spence and that'll work out the same way.

Comment

Working...
                    X