Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how come you think cotto could beat canelo when he lost to trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
    in this stage and time why would anyone be jealous of cotto? just wonderin why you think that way.
    If there is a thread title mentioning cotto there is always a select group of mexicans hating and everyone knows hate is born from envy

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
      If there is a thread title mentioning cotto there is always a select group of mexicans hating and everyone knows hate is born from envy
      this is true, but also those posters can make some good points. Stylistically Cotto and Alvarez make for a great fight. I think both guys have enough power to put the other away but Im wondering if Alvarez can increase his volume enough to hold Cotto at bay? Alvarez has a good jab, maybe Cotto's is a little better so who would win in the jab category? that could determine a lot. Plus Ive seen Coto hit with right hands, Alvarez has a good one and Ive seen Alverez tagged with Left hooks, hell Cotto's little brother buzzed his ass with his left hook so lots of exciting stuff there.

Comment

Cotto is tailor made for canelo Ko in 10

Comment

Originally posted by Calm down mate View Post
          Ortiz would whip Cotto ffs, Cotto is overrated. And yes it was 11-1 or 10-3 at max if you're being very generous, he needs to move back down to welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
            this is true, but also those posters can make some good points. Stylistically Cotto and Alvarez make for a great fight. I think both guys have enough power to put the other away but Im wondering if Alvarez can increase his volume enough to hold Cotto at bay? Alvarez has a good jab, maybe Cotto's is a little better so who would win in the jab category? that could determine a lot. Plus Ive seen Coto hit with right hands, Alvarez has a good one and Ive seen Alverez tagged with Left hooks, hell Cotto's little brother buzzed his ass with his left hook so lots of exciting stuff there.
            I think Cotto has one of the best jabs in the sport still to this day. I consider his jab to be the best thing he does, followed by the left hook, so I think Cotto wins in this department by a landslide. If he landed it with regularity against Floyd he will definitely land it on Alvarez.

What concerns me is that Alvarez is a naturally bigger and stronger guy than Cotto plus he is much younger. Skillwise, Cotto is the better fighter. Prime for prime, I think Cotto beats him easily. Right now, Alvarez could be a slight favorite but it still might be a 55/45 type of fight, maybe 50/50 after all.

Comment

i wouldnt count cotto out. i wouldnt be surprised if he beat canelo. its a 50/50 fight in my opinion.

also, just because cotto lost to trout and canelo won, it does not automatically mean canelo beats cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by THE NAMELESS View Post

cotto need to stay 147 otherwise he would be next zab judah, the gatekeeper.
                Because triangle theories are bollocks.

Comment

I would pick Canelo to beat Cotto if they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    I would pick Canelo to beat Cotto if they fight.
                    Why do you think that?

I personally believe Cotto, even at this stage in his career is better than Canelo. Miguel Cotto hits harder, throws more, has better shot selection, a better offense and is defensively more sound.

The Trout fight may be used to measure both men but so can both their attempts at Mayweather. In all honesty, neither fight means much as both men have teh style to be competitive against EACH OTHER, that said, Cotto is not only the more experienced man in the ring, he is also the better fighter in every sense of the word. If this fight is made, which I highly doubt, Canelo will be made to look as bad as he did against Mayweather.

Comment

I think Canelo will knock Cotto out. I think Cotto is still a very good fighter but he is not that hard to hit and he can't take the punches Canelo will hit him with.I know Cotto's brother hurt Canelo with some hard punches but that was when Canelo was a much smaller teenager. I have never seen Canelo hurt since then. I think he can take Cotto's punches but Cotto can't take his punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X