No announcement yet.

Do you trust Victor Conte and VADA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I don't trust Conte at all. Nonito should never have associated with that guy. What expert advice can Conte offer an athlete when his expertise depended on the use of PEDs for effectiveness? I'm sure the guy knows a few things about training and nutrition, but there are plenty of other coaches that do also...and they don't carry the stigma of being a steroids guru.
    Do you also find it suspicious that Rigondeaux is friends with Heredia?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Do you also find it suspicious that Rigondeaux is friends with Heredia?
      I don't like it one bit that their names are even mentioned in the same sentence. But, from what I understand, Rigo hasn't worked with him. I think calling them "friends" is a bit presumptuous. Heredia is involved in the sport, unfortunately. Spending some time in the company of someone who's looking to be hired by you doesn't make them your "friend."

Comment

Simply put, no I don't

Comment

On balance I don't think it's plausible that Conte is still dealing banned substances. He's too high profile, under too much scrutiny, and is operating in a jurisdiction where he's going to prison if he's caught. I think the work with VADA is just part of his efforts to rehabilitate his public image and turn the BALCO notoriety to his advantage.

Heredia's different. That guy was in a documentary just a couple of years ago buying EPO and bragging about his ability to make undetectable steroids. Plus he's operating in Mexico where he's under no threat of investigation at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I don't like it one bit that their names are even mentioned in the same sentence. But, from what I understand, Rigo hasn't worked with him. I think calling them "friends" is a bit presumptuous. Heredia is involved in the sport, unfortunately. Spending some time in the company of someone who's looking to be hired by you doesn't make them your "friend."
            I'm not being presumptuous. Heredia himself said it.
            https://twitter.com/Guruscience/stat...12671374729216

And he seems to be living in Florida right now from what I gather.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-21-2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              On balance I don't think it's plausible that Conte is still dealing banned substances. He's too high profile, under too much scrutiny, and is operating in a jurisdiction where he's going to prison if he's caught. I think the work with VADA is just part of his efforts to rehabilitate his public image and turn the BALCO notoriety to his advantage.

Heredia's different. That guy was in a documentary just a couple of years ago buying EPO and bragging about his ability to make undetectable steroids. Plus he's operating in Mexico where he's under no threat of investigation at all.
              I agree with what this guy said^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I'm not being presumptuous. Herdia himself said it.
                https://twitter.com/Guruscience/stat...12671374729216

And it seems to be living in Florida from what I gather.
                plus how can we really know who heredia is or isn't working with considering he doesn't like to name his clientele...at least with conte we know he has worked with judah, ward, berto, rios, donaire (current), and marlen espinoza (current)....

heredia can say he's not the strength and conditioning coach for rigo because he isn't one..he's a ped chemist...that S&C title is fake...
                Last edited by Bermuda; 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

his involvement with boxing is incredibly suspicious.

i'm starting to think that most, if not all of my favorite boxers are one some form of PED's, whether it's HGH, synthetic or natural testosterone, or some sort of blood doping.

passing these tests is way too easy. if you want to cheat and you have the means you can easily get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    He must have made a mistake, didn't follow Conte's plan.
                    I was thinking the same thing.....I'm sure Conte's approach is more scientific. I'm thinking "take this at exactly 12:38am with .84 liters of water (no more no less), run it off at 8:52am for 3 miles, suck this lemon 3 times to mess up the pH but not too much, piss at 11:02" type of situation.

Berto just seems too lazy for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                      plus how can we really know who heredia is or isn't working with considering he doesn't like to name his clientele...at least with conte we know he has worked with judah, ward, berto, rios, donaire (current), and marlen espinoza (current)....

heredia can say he's not the strength and conditioning coach for rigo because he isn't one..he's a ped chemist...that S&C title is fakw...

Its not fake at all. Hes spent decades working with olympic athletes and sprinters. Explosive power which goes hand in hand.
                      He taught Alex Ariza just about all he knows regarding nutrition, circuit training etc etc

Hes more qualified than Conte.

Comment

Working...
                      X