Do you trust Victor Conte and VADA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes................

Comment

well he's at least less shady than someone like heredia........he seems to be pretty open about what he does and who he helps, and he's very vocal about stricter testing. whereas heredia refuses to do interviews where he knows he'll be asked tough questions, he changed his name for whatever reason, he doesn't divulge the names of his clientele, he doesn't give details on his methods, none of his athletes go through extra testing (even though he said they would - so he's a liar), etc.

also VADA seems pretty legit imo..the moment they got into boxing they immediately caught berto and lamont peterson...plus conte has ABSOLUTELY no say in the decision making in VADA since it's an independent organization...conte's name got attached to VADA because he's a vocal supporter of what they do and he helped educate margareth goodman (founder of VADA) on PEDs...

for anyone interested here's a short video where conte explains his role in donaire's camp ..it's an old video so he may have taken on more or less responsibilities since then...

Last edited by Bermuda; 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Based on their records in boxing to date, VADA are a hell of a lot more worthy of trust than USADA.

Comment

How do you figure? USADA officials and scientists have never been closely associated with a known drug cheat like Victor Conte.

Comment

Yes! Only a fool wouldnt be suspicious of the most famous PED coach on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              He must have made a mistake, didn't follow Conte's plan.
              So isn't that proof that you can trust VADA because they won't cover up results for friends of Conte? If Conte and VADA were cozy together, Berto would have never been busted regardless of Conte making a mistake. You seriously trust USADA more, which destroyed tests for Quillin-Wrist, never tested Broner-Demarco despite being contracted to, and never told the commission about Erik Morales testing positive until the leak?

Sure there will always be doubts regarding Conte, but I have no reason to doubt Margareta Goodman.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-21-2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                According to the poll most are suspicious of Conte so I'm I, I think he's another Angel Hernandez who clever enough to cook up some undetectable steroids which inflates his ego so much that he dares VADA to test his undetectable products. Now that we all agree I believe Donaire and Ward are steroid cheats
                conte isn't a ped chemist...he doesn't make peds. heredia is a ped chemist who boasted about making 20 undetectable peds in the past...

Comment

I don't trust Conte at all. Nonito should never have associated with that guy. What expert advice can Conte offer an athlete when his expertise depended on the use of PEDs for effectiveness? I'm sure the guy knows a few things about training and nutrition, but there are plenty of other coaches that do also...and they don't carry the stigma of being a steroids guru.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    So isn't that proof that you can trust VADA because they won't cover up results for friends of Conte? Do you seriously trust USADA more, which destroyed tests Quillin-Wrist, never tested Broner-Demarco despite being contracted to, and never told the commission about Erik Morales testing positive until the leak?

Sure there will always be doubts regarding Conte, but I have no reason to doubt Margareta Goodman.
                    forgot about that....yah that **** was shady as hell...and their excuse was that they forgot to inform the two fighters on what not to take...

Comment

I trust VADA but not Conte.

Conte doesn't run VADA.

Comment

Working...
                      X