Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis, Hooker Going Separate Ways; Can't Agree On Weight, Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis, Hooker Going Separate Ways; Can't Agree On Weight, Money

Promoters Lou DiBella and Dino Duva conceded Monday that they've stopped negotiating to make a Regis Prograis-Maurice Hooker fight at a higher weight. The former 140-pound champions signed contracts for a 12-round fight at a contracted catch weight of 143 pounds April 17 at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland. That card was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another decent fight taken from us.

Damn! I was looking forward to this fight before the Corona Virus and now is going to never materialize. I hope both Progais and Hooker find good opponents.

Comment

It's for the best. Hooker should now focus on becoming a mandatory for one of the 147 belts. Prograis can stay at 140 and pick up the vacant belts after Taylor and Ramirez move to 147.

Comment

Prograis vs Algieri is the rumor. Hope Hooker lands a decent fight.

Comment

Gimme Hooker vs Mikey please

Comment

You are getting pimped-out, Hooker.

I'm adding Maurice Hooker to the list of champions that rather get their ass whooped at the higher weight, than to loose to a smaller man.

I hope they feed your skinny ass to Shawn Porter, Hooker ; the mauling is going to be hilarious. Maybe Eddie Hearn will use you to pad Josh Kelly's record, maybe you become a stepping-stone for Vergil Ortiz on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              I'm adding Maurice Hooker to the list of champions that rather get their ass whooped at the higher weight, than to loose to a smaller man.

I hope they feed your skinny ass to Shawn Porter, Hooker ; the mauling is going to be hilarious. Maybe Eddie Hearn will use you to pad Josh Kelly's record, maybe you become a stepping-stone for Vergil Ortiz on DAZN.
              Agree (to some extent)! I know my view is heavily tainted by his last big fight at 140lbs vs Ramirez but just like you, I fail to see how Hooker could become a real player at 147lbs.

Damn, Hooker and Prograis are really going to pass on a nice payday and a "big fight" (given the current circumstances) over a pound and thousands of dollars. It must have been the money because they really, they couldn't agree on 144.5lbs?
              Last edited by Afi23; 06-15-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Prograis vs Algieri is the rumor. Hope Hooker lands a decent fight.
                I ain't mad at this fight given the current situation.

Comment

Either Hooker is welterweight and should not have agreed to to the fight in the first place and Regis is right more money as a risk he never said he was going to welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                    I ain't mad at this fight given the current situation.
                    Yeah nothing great coming out

Comment

Working...
                    X