No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: This is Definitely The End For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: This is Definitely The End For Me

Tony Bellew was knocked out as he bid to be a great. The Liverpool cruiserweight took on Oleksandr Usyk at Manchester Arena. Bellew, who challenged the undefeated Ukrainian for the WBC, WBA Super, IBF, WBO and Ring Magazine world cruiserweight titles, was stopped in round eight by a thunderous left cross disguised by a sensational jab.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fair play.

Made a load of money at the back end of his career. won a british, commonwealth, european and world title and gets out healthy.

Fell short at the top level but pretty much everyone does.

He's got out with plenty of money, so it's a job well done.

Comment

He made money at the end of his career and is able to leave. Not all boxers can do that and at least he did challenged himself. No shame on that.

Comment

I wouldnt say he "fell short." He has been doing very well the last couple years and has shown hes definitely one of the best big men out there right now.

I DO however think its hard for him to beat that kind of style. Another lefty like Adonis. Also Its usually the case that the "wound tight" style fighter needs to beat the "loose" fighter early on or the nerves and gas tank come into play and the "wound tight" fighters nerves get fried and the "loose" fighter takes over. In MMA it reminds me of Dillashaw vs Garbrandt. Its not that Usyk is a million times the fighter Tony is or anything. Its the way their styles clash. Both are excellent fighters with Usyk having the edge and the better style in the head to head.

Comment

Turned around his career at the end and did well for himself.

Comment

15 million pounds in last two years is not bad. all his children would go to top universities and he can retire in good health at 35. DAZN commentary would keep the cash coming

Comment

The writing was on the wall when he barely got by Creed.

Comment

I had Usyk losing the first 6 rounds, as he couldn’t figure Bellew out, seemed tentative and unsure of himself. Not sure y their hyping this guy up and encouraging him to move up and fight Joshua. Ward should unretire and scoop up these easy 4 belts in a new division.

Comment

Thank you Usyk

Comment

The final chapter of his career was a good one. He can leave the came with no regrets.

Comment

Working...
                    X