No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Hagler Would Have Too Much For Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Hagler Would Have Too Much For Golovkin

The legend of Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs) is continuing to grow with every victory and every knockout.

Golovkin is already getting compared to some of the greatest middleweights of the last 30 to 40 years, like 'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler and Bernard 'The Alien' Hopkins.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Lennox. Much as I like GGG, at this point in time I see Hagler being far the better boxer and fighter. I was in awe of Hagler as he was building up his reputation and then to see him confirm his status as a "monster" with his career defining fights was amazing.
    Given the current fighters on the scene the fights that I'd like to see GGG make to start confirming his "monster" status are Canelo, Lara and Andrade both coming up to 160 to challenge, Quillen, Froch coming out of retirement, De Gale, Andre Dirrell, and Ward (if he can make 168). That's eight fights - win 7 or more of those and then I'll probably be on the other side of the argument saying that Golovkin is better than Hagler was.
    But I don't see the fights happening and I don't see Golovkin winning more than 6 of them. Another issue is lack of time for Golovkin and the time needed to put those fights together and properly promote them.
    Last edited by SteveM; 10-26-2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Hagler was on a WHOLE OTHER LVL!!

Comment

For me GGG beats BHOP by UD, in a tough fight.

Hagler would be a more competitive., but that would be a war. Hagler would push for that brawl and may end that fight KOing GGG in later rounds.
        But it could also go the other way...

Comment

Hagler vs GGG would have been a great fight, but coward Golovkin ducked Marvin by being born 30 years too late.

Now watch all his cock-sucking fanboys come riding up to defend him for that. SMH.

Comment

My first reaction to this is DUH. We're comparing GGG now to all time greats. He has a long way to go imo before something like this is made a compelling thought in most cases.

Comment

We'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Hagler vs GGG would have been a great fight, but coward Golovkin ducked Marvin by being born 30 years too late.

Now watch all his cock-sucking fanboys come riding up to defend him for that. SMH.
                He also ducked Roy Jones Jr., the gone MW I see no other beating in his prime.

****ing coward!!

Comment

hagler was held to a draw by Vito Antuofermo and beat by bugaloo bobby watts and willie munroe not to mention SRL

Comment

... Now they are coming up with the likes of Hagler and Hopkins... Tomorrow (who knows?) they will come up with SRR...
                    ... It's a bit hilarious that Lennox doesn't even mention Andre Ward into this.

Comment

Working...
                    X