No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: This is Golovkin's First Career Test Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: This is Golovkin's First Career Test Ever

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya is predicting a shocking outcome when IBF middleweight champion David Lemieux (34-2, 31 KOs) faces IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (33-0, 30 KOs) in an HBO Pay-Per-View unification from Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The majority of the fans and press are picking Golovkin to win by knockout. De La Hoya traveled over to Canada a few days ago to watch Lemieux train. Both he and Golden Boy partner Bernard Hopkins were very impressed by what they saw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Proska was his first test. Then Macklin was his first test. Then Geale was his first test. Then Rubio was his first test. Then Murray was his first test. Now Lemieux is his first test.

Comment

I'm 95% sure it's David Lemieux who's going ker-plunk in this one. Most likely, it will be brutal.

Oscar, it's easy to say he hasn't been tested based on how he's looked basically unbeatable, but he's beaten some very good fighters who were durable. He made them look like kids. GGG is no joke, and ODLH will know that on Oct 17th.

Comment

Bernard would make one hell of a boxing trainer, I think Oscar would too but I don't think he could deal with all the public talking and his fighter losing and the having to own up to it. The way he's set now he can talk and if he's wrong just claim he's hyping the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
          Proska was his first test. Then Macklin was his first test. Then Geale was his first test. Then Rubio was his first test. Then Murray was his first test. Now Lemieux is his first test.
          Exactly. For half of the boxing world, Murray was the real MW world champion anyways for pete's sake. Then, when GGG absolutely smashes him, he's a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Exactly. For half of the boxing world, Murray was the real MW world champion anyways for pete's sake. Then, when GGG absolutely smashes him, he's a bum.
            Yea - I wouldn't even call myself a GGG fan, but he's sought out the biggest challenges in his weight class and demolished those who have stepped into the ring with him. He's crushed every fighter who's been labeled as his "biggest test."

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
              This!

Stevenson also. And Monroe.

Comment

this is ggg real first test against a good name but skill wise nothing to get excited about because ggg needs to challenge ward

Comment

This is not a test, more like a quiz.

Lemeuiex is a one-trick pony however, does posess the power to make it at least a quiz.

Canelo is more of a real test for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    This is not a test, more like a quiz.

Lemeuiex is a one-trick pony however, does posess the power to make it at least a quiz.

Canelo is more of a real test for GGG.
                    I agree about Canelo being a better test but I can say that David has come a long way in the boxing department. I wouldn't call him a one trick pony. He can crack with both hands, so at the very least he's a two trick pony.

Comment

Working...
                    X