No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Good Chance Cotto Will Knock Canelo Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Good Chance Cotto Will Knock Canelo Out

Freddie Roach, trainer of WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33KOs), is very confident that his fighter will beat the young stud of Mexico, Saul "Canelo" Alverez (45-1-1, 32KOs), when they clash on a tentative HBO Pay-Per-View date in November.

The match will likely happen at a catch-weight of 155-pounds, which seems to be agreeable to bother parties. Both fighters have bounced back from their decision losses to pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Roach that Cotto's chances are good for knocking out Canelo. But he forget to add that the chances are even better for Canelo knocking out Cotto. Dang I can't wait for this fight.

Comment

Roach talking out of his ass once again, he don't know what he is saying, old timers really having an effect.

Comment

Not happening.....

Cotto and Manny are my favorite fighters. Add Ward in there as well. Cotto is going to find out in the very first round, that Canelo isn't OLD, isn't SLOW, and has a great defense and ring IQ. He has POWER and is going to fire back when hit. Canelo is primed and ready for this moment now. He will break Cotto down and STOP him. He is too fast, too big, and too strong for Cotto. His run ends in November.

Comment

Cotto doesn't have Golovkin Power.

Canelo has a great chin, and Canelo has more power than Cotto

Comment

I could see it happening the way Cotto has carried up his power and is now going to the body. Cotto is also the better boxer. However Cotto better learn how to defend against the right hand because Canelo has a good one.

Comment

Cotto is the better fighter and better iq canelo power hasn't been proven against top opposition cotto has canelo stamina in 3 rounds against Kirkland looked suspect he was already tired canelo can't stop a jab or cut off the ring cotto will cruise to a decision unless canelo stamina is really bad then cotto can go for the kill

Comment

I c Alvarez getting the tko late...

Comment

Canelo hasn't dropped a top fighter so how does he have more power then cotto when cotto is dropping guys bigger then him and the stamina of canelo is suspect and canelo got rocked by a smaller cotto when he was young so he can be hurt and cotto will hurt him

Comment

Very even fight,But going with canelo by late tko.

Comment

Working...
                    X