No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson, Haymon in Agreement on Kovalev Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson, Haymon in Agreement on Kovalev Fight

WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (25-1, 21KOs) is not overlooking his upcoming opponent, Sakio Bika (32-6-3, 21KOs), but a much bigger fight is hanging over his head.

Stevenson faces Bika on Saturday at the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec City, Canada. The fight will headline the debut edition of "Premier Boxing Champions (PBC)" on CBS.

Last December at the World Boxing Council's annual convention in Las Vegas, the sanctioning body made a very unusual ruling - by approving a request by Main Events CEO, Kathy Duva, to have Sergey Kovalev (27-0-1, 24KOs) become the mandatory challenger to Stevenson's title. The approval was unusual because Kovalev is the world champion of three rival sanctioning bodies, the IBF/WBA/WBO.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Turnin the tide, Als gna win that bid, ball is in Kovalev n Duvas court

Comment

Stevenson ready doe

Comment

I've actually been more worried about Duva fucking up the deal than Stevenson and Haymon. Duva better not do anything stupid with the HBO contract that will prevent the fight in the case that Haymon wins.

And lets all hope to god Haymon wins. Would be great if we could get an actual significant fight on free tv.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-31-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Al's 1-0 against Duva and count another. Duva simply can't compete, Al for the sweep. Stevenson wants this fight all that talk of him ducking Kovalev was NSB propaganda but the time will be near to proclaim a lineal champ.

Comment

There's no way Duva is winning this purse bid, so they better make arrangements to fight off HBO or her and HBO can go fuck off

Comment

I have a feeling duva will stop it from happening cause of hbo deal. Would be cool if this was on nbc/cbs

Comment

Time for Duva to put her money where her mouth is.

Cause GYM & Haymon are coming. Yvon Michel is out here assuring local media that he will do whatever he needs to do to win the bid.

I cant wait for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I've actually been more worried about Duva fucking up the deal than Stevenson and Haymon. Duva better not do anything stupid with the HBO contract that will prevent the fight in the case that Haymon wins.

And lets all hope to god Haymon wins. Would be great if we could get an actual significant fight on free tv.
                  Main Events's future is pretty much staked on HBO and Duva and Haymon have personal issues so I couldn't blame them if they (ME under instruction from HBO) refused to have Kovalev fight on Haymon's PBC series.

This is likely Michel's plan anyway hence the immediate request for the purse bid and no attempts made to negotiate the fight with Main Events.

GYM and Haymon never wanted Kovalev as Stevenson's mandatory and despite paying half-hearted lip-service to it, Stevenson never wanted the Kovalev fight either.

Key phrase from the article from Michel: "The winner of the bid will decide the date, the place and the network"
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 03-31-2015, 09:12 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Yvon Michel is looking to get rid of the pimp as fast as he can... Yvon also has Beterbiev in his stable.
                    ... The venue will be in Canada (Quebec region), but they will try to make a PPV fight (possibly on two TV networks).

Comment

Working...
                    X