Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexis Arguelllo Embodied Both the Fighting Instinct and Gentleman Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexis Arguelllo Embodied Both the Fighting Instinct and Gentleman Boxer

Alexis Arguelllo Embodied Both the Fighting Instinct and Gentleman Boxer
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very true--Arguello was a decent guy and great fighter. If they were at the same weight I would pick Duran, but Arguello would do some damage.
    shwaap shwaap likes this.

Comment

I loved Alexis Arguello! What a great fighter. I honored to have seen him fight so many times. As for fighting Duran at 135, it would have been suicide! He would have received a worse beating than Pryor gave him!

Comment

A great man, in and out of the ring. Loved watching Alexis fight so many years ago. Hated Prior back then, but he had Arguello’s number. Rest In Peace, champ.

Comment

Pryor was slightly too big and too relentless for my man but what excitement from both , Alexis was a great guy and great fighter ...brings back great memories..RIP .Champ..

Comment

Well yes but.Alexis didn’t drink until he did.And didn’t use cocaine until he did.

Comment

Still crazy to think how Pryor got away with blatant cheating

Comment

Class, in and out of the ring, especially compared to this vermin of today...

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
                  Still crazy to think how Pryor got away with blatant cheating
                  “No no no, the one I mixed!”

At least Panama Lewis was banned from doing corner work.

Comment

What a fantastic fighter that man was….showed such integrity and intelligence in the ring……even outside the ring he went through such hard times and I read that when the guerilla war was at its most savage he was robbed of all his wealth and belongings by the sandanistas in his homeland of Nicaragua and yet he still remained a true gentlemen……another legend produced in the 80’s

Comment

Working...
                    X