Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia, Who Won a Title and Broke His Jaw Against Mairis Briedis, Is Set to Run It Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia, Who Won a Title and Broke His Jaw Against Mairis Briedis, Is Set to Run It Back

Jai Opetaia's rematch with Mairis Briedis comes in as the chief support for Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on May 18.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Absolute beast and warrior.
    Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

A 39 year-old Briedis should have zero for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBron Lamez View Post
        A 39 year-old Briedis should have zero for this guy.
        Yep, I think Opetaia is only getting better.

Comment

These writers are just terrible: Jai Opetaia, Who Won a Title and Broke His Jaw Against Mairis Briedis, which is jacked up writing as it shoud say Jai Opetaia although he won a title but got his dammmm jaw broken by Mairis Briedis last time out, will run it back.

BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Anybody fighting thru a broken jaw must be commended. Can't imagine what a brutal injury that is and the recovery process after that. Breidis has only gotten older and more inactive while Opetaia, despite the level of competition, seems to be coming into form as of recent. Should be a another good scrap, but Opetaia should be able to make a convincing statement in this one.

Comment

He's ready to have his jaw broken again?

Comment

Isn't Jai a one hit wonder at the moment? His resume literally looks like club fighters apart from Breidis. What am I missing?

Comment

I broke both sides of my jaw and had it wired shut for 6 months awaiting surgery or the chance the bones would fuse together of their own accord.

They didn't and i now have a plate with screws in one side and wire holding the other side. In resetting them i have lost the ability to open my mouth as wide as i could or poke my tongue out as far.

One piece of bone punctured my ear so i was bleeding out of it when i wore up unconscious on the ground.

When i woke up i spat out 3 broken teeth also. The funny thing is i felt no pain from any of it. I picked myself up and walked in to the ambulance without assistance.

In the ensuing 6 months afterwards i lived on a liquid diet of protein shakes, soups and yoghurt. I lost 15kgs in the process.

I know what the experience Jai went through.

Fa'amalosi uso. Onosa'i. Ia manuia ma soifua.
                  CasperUK CasperUK likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MusoMeanderings View Post
                    He's ready to have his jaw broken again?

According to the headlines: Who Won a Title and Broke His Jaw​ he didn't get his jaw broken, but broke it himself. LMAO

Comment

Working...
                    X