Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'You Really Thought I Was Crazy?' Ryan Garcia Laughs Last

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'You Really Thought I Was Crazy?' Ryan Garcia Laughs Last

The ring always reveals the truth, and it was while standing in there that Ryan Garcia - finally - revealed what eight weeks of wacky behavior had left us all to wonder.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-21-2024, 03:54 PM.

Congrats Ryan…I never doubted your talent which I ALWAYS said was world champion material but thought you’d lose this fight because of all the pre-fight antics as you seemed unstable, unfocused and lacked professionalism whereas Haney is the complete opposite.

Thanks for proving me wrong with a PHENOMENAL beat down of a previously undefeated top young champion. Simply sensational performance and easily FOTY.

Comment

He is crazy, like Charlie Sheen a few years ago, but like Sheen he also has talent so he's #Winning through it
      Last edited by Weebler I; 04-21-2024, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Personally there were always question marks regarding Haney’s rise to ‘greatness’ and major red flags to him being considered p4p top 10. Getting the WCB title without fighting? Undisputed just by beating Kambosos? Plus Prograis as basic as he is, was taylor-made for a good boxer to win. Talk about the path of least resistance.
        Last edited by JonDP; 04-21-2024, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          He is crazy, like Charlie Sheen a few years ago, but like Sheen he also has talent so he's #Winning through it
          Sheen is an absolute wrong 'un.

Comment

The Ryan Garcia haters have left the blog.
            Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDP View Post
              Personally there were always question marks regarding Haney’s rise to ‘greatness’ and major red flags to him being considered p4p top 10. Getting the WCB title without fighting? Undisputed just by beating Kambosos? Plus Prograis as basic as he is, was taylor-made for a good boxer to win. Talk about the path of less resistance.
              Disagree…Kambosos beat a previously undefeated Teofimo and Haney handled him with ease TWICE. He also had a close fight with Lomachenko which I thought he WON. However, after Linares wobbled him badly during their fight, I always thought he’d lose to a top puncher like Tank/Ryan but doubted Ryan not because of his talent but his lack of discipline and erratic behaviour. Glad he proved me wrong.

Comment

Of course, he acted crazy and was drinking a lot so people will have doubts naturally. People can only take what they see in those moments and not predict what he is thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Csar View Post
                  The Ryan Garcia haters have left the blog.
                  Ummm, I'm still here, heh.
                  OK, not really a Garcia hater, but his antics didn't endear him to me, to say the least. Nevertheless, he won BIG without the need for an asterisk, and for that he deserves huge credit.

Comment

Congratulations Ryan, great win.

Turns out he's mentally well, has some ADHD he said, but yeah, crazy like a fox.

The fight was pretty close because there were some rounds where he didn't do much. The rounds he won, he won big, really exposed a flaw or two of Haney's.

Both should move up in weight, has to be welterweight and higher.

Ryan vs Teofimo, that would be good, and of course 'Boots' too, but I don't think Golden Boy would let him fight Ennis.

He could actually move up and fight Fundora, he's a real star now.

Comment

Working...
                    X