Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'He Looks Like He's Here To Stay:' Algieri Applauds Turki Alalshikh's Planned U.S. Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'He Looks Like He's Here To Stay:' Algieri Applauds Turki Alalshikh's Planned U.S. Debut

Word that Saudi Arabia's Turki Alalshikh is exploring the staging of an August 3 card at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum headlined by Terence Crawford's pursuit of a title in a fourth weight class should not surprise.
    [Click Here To Read More]

wow. how I wish he would buy out all others and run boxing and keep putting top cards together. June 1 card is best card of this century at the least. wow moves from this fella

Comment

I like what Turki is doing, but he is showing us how broken boxing really is by loosing 10s of millions every card just to pay what the entitled to think they're entitled to & not what they're worth. If they were worth it they wouldn't be operating on such massive losses.

As long as all the undesputed fight's get made in all the divisions we've all got to celebrate whilst it lasts. The winners though should dump the draining alphabelts & just keep the ring belt or Turki should create his own undesputed belt that can be defended & loose the alphabelts once & for all.

Comment

US based promoters shaking on their boots rite now Lmao.

Comment

Turki treating boxing like a multi level ps5 game. This guy doesn't want to just participate...he wants to complete it.

Be interesting to see if his enthusiastic no BS approach works for Al?

Interesting times ahead.

​​​​​

Comment

Straight up power move by Turki Alalshikh. Arum, Haymon, Hearn and De La Hoya have to take notice now. It was one thing staging the fights on their turf but now the Saudis are gonna do their thing in the U.K and U.S. There is no debating who the top promoter is now. Big oil strikes again!

Comment

Please stop acting like he’s spending his own money.. he has billions of Saudi government dollars behind him. This isn’t about his love of boxing. Just like LIV golf isn’t about loving golf

Comment

Originally posted by Poopdick View Post
                wow. how I wish he would buy out all others and run boxing and keep putting top cards together. June 1 card is best card of this century at the least. wow moves from this fella
                Geez tho. We lost general manufacturing to China, textiles to Vietnam, monopoly on cars to Japan/Korea, and now boxing to Saudi Arabie/Dubai. What else can we export?

What does America do well anymore? It's like being pulled apart from within by greed and incompetence.

Young people today don't even know what it was like to live in an America with busy hands and big balls.

Ok. I'm done. Resume normal conversation.

Comment

Idk about that.

1)How long do rich guys stay interesting in boxing if they aren't making money?

Thats an important question I don't think we got a clue about yet. Maybe they get tired of losing money in 2yrs, maybe 10yrs or maybe they never tire or start making money. Who knows is more my take than a positive or negative take, but it seems like something that'll be relevant sooner or later.

2)What happens if Turki dies?

We know Turki has some serious illness that sounds life threatening or has in the past been life threatening. This guy might not have a lot of time left to keep this going. And from what I've gathered he seems like a legit hardcore fan with a massive bank acct to make any fight he wants happen. So idk if he passes if he's replaceable.
                  crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post
                    Straight up power move by Turki Alalshikh. Arum, Haymon, Hearn and De La Hoya have to take notice now. It was one thing staging the fights on their turf but now the Saudis are gonna do their thing in the U.K and U.S. There is no debating who the top promoter is now. Big oil strikes again!
                    Hearn and Warren already do take full notice because they work alongside Turki Alalshikh and are his promoters of choice.

Warren & Hearn promote his Saudi cards together, and will promote the UK card together.

Hearn will promote the US card.

Claude Palle Claude Palle likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X