Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: Benavidez Opponents Have Been One Dimensional & Not In Same Universe As Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: Benavidez Opponents Have Been One Dimensional & Not In Same Universe As Me

LOS ANGELES -- Caleb Plant believes he's a cut above all of the previous opponents upcoming adversary David Benavidez has ever faced. Plant (22-1, 13 KOs) and Benavidez (26-0, 23 KOs) will finally settle their yearslong beef in a super middleweight matchup
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think that Plant is a skilled boxer that will use his movement and try to attack from angles and get back out, but Benavidez is determined to show the world why he should have fought Cinnabon before Caleb. David's pressure, fast hands, cutting off of the ring, and voluminous combinations will eventually overwhelm Plant, who doesn't have the best gas tank. I could see it going around 9 rounds, but if it goes that long, Caleb will take unnecessary punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
      I think that Plant is a skilled boxer that will use his movement and try to attack from angles and get back out, but Benavidez is determined to show the world why he should have fought Cinnabon before Caleb. David's pressure, fast hands, cutting off of the ring, and voluminous combinations will eventually overwhelm Plant, who doesn't have the best gas tank. I could see it going around 9 rounds, but if it goes that long, Caleb will take unnecessary punishment.
      “Cinnabon” Now that’s funny. All jokes aside, I could see it playing out similarly with the first 6 rounds being competitive, but after that Plant’s tank will start to diminish. Benavidez’s constant pressure and heavy punches will take a toll on Plant. I’m just looking forward to this scrap. We need more matchups like this.

Comment

Benavidez does not cut off the ring. He follows his opponents around the ring, his height, reach, constant pressure, and his opponents lack of ring generalship is how he ends up getting to them. Caleb Plant is levels above anybody Banvidez has fought as far as pure boxing ability.
        Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

“Cinnabon” Now that’s funny. All jokes aside, I could see it playing out similarly with the first 6 rounds being competitive, but after that Plant’s tank will start to diminish. Benavidez’s constant pressure and heavy punches will take a toll on Plant. I’m just looking forward to this scrap. We need more matchups like this.
          Can't wait to see it, and the 168 division is about to get really dangerous with Benavidez, Plant, Morrell, Andrade all fighting on Showtime so that the fights are easy to make.

Comment

Can't wait to see it, and the 168 division is about to get really dangerous with Benavidez, Plant, Morrell, Andrade all fighting on Showtime so that the fights are easy to make.
            They might as well make a mini-tournament out of these 4. If Charlo were motivated enough and got through his personal problems, he’d be in the discussion as well.
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Plant was getting touched up by dirrell and for someone who supposedly is "slick" he gets roughed up every fight.

Benevidez is gonna break him down.

Comment

Originally posted by ImDominicanLipz View Post

Benavidez does not cut off the ring. He follows his opponents around the ring, his height, reach, constant pressure, and his opponents lack of ring generalship is how he ends up getting to them. Caleb Plant is levels above anybody Banvidez has fought as far as pure boxing ability.
                Add in the 22-ft ring that Plant’s team requested and that will make it even more difficult for Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by ImDominicanLipz View Post

Yup, Bena is gonna be tested. Plant is a pretty good boxer. I'd not be surprised if Plant will outbox Bena.
                  greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

This will be where all the talking ends. Gonna be a record crowd. I expect there will be some expose of Benavidez. But he has shown tenacity. If Plant makes it to the end, it will be a close one.

Comment

Working...
                    X