Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-Mercito Gesta To Land At Moody Center In Austin, Texas In January

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-Mercito Gesta To Land At Moody Center In Austin, Texas In January

Ryan Garcia has secured a southpaw opponent ahead of a superfight with Gervonta 'Tank' Davis. BoxingScene.com has learned that Garcia will next face Mercito Gesta, a Filipino lightweight based out of San Diego, atop a DAZN show likely to take place at Moody Center on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin in Austin, Texas. The date is still being finalized between Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN, though down to either January 21 or January
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good prep for Ryan vs the next southpaw on his hit list. Meanwhile they put Davis in a random fight.

Comment

I called it *****!!!! Post Number 18 below.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...2#post31650345

I'm always right in regards to boxing. I am literally never wrong about anything I say.

The only time i've been wrong this year was picking Montana Love vs Spark to go past 9.5 rounds, but who can predict someone getting thrown out the ring?

Last edited by TheIronMike; 12-06-2022, 02:05 AM.
      JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Refusal to engage means Ryan couldn't cut off the ring. That was an old Togoe too. Ryan has one of those, come hither, offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Ryan Garcia has secured a southpaw opponent ahead of a superfight with Gervonta 'Tank' Davis. BoxingScene.com has learned that Garcia will next face Mercito Gesta, a Filipino lightweight based out of San Diego, atop a DAZN show likely to take place at Moody Center on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin in Austin, Texas. The date is still being finalized between Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN, though down to either January 21 or January
          [Click Here To Read More]
          ————-
          I don’t expect Mercito Gesta to be anything but fodder for Garcia BUT if he can topple Garcia …. I just want the 135/140/147 divisions to give us meaningful fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            Good prep for Ryan vs the next southpaw on his hit list. Meanwhile they put Davis in a random fight.
            This is a proper move for KingRy to "stay busy!" Gesta is a 35 yr. old fighter who has lost at the Championship level! Plus the fight is at 140!

Tank should've never picked Hector Luis Garcia! Garcia is a 31 yr. old Olympian, and has been successful at the Championship level! I got a bad feeling (for Tank) on that one!
            Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-06-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Tank isnt fighting a random . The guy is coming off of an upset , undefeated, and a former Olympian. I like Gesta but he’s nothing more than a body at this point. Hes 35 coming off of a layoff. Sounds like Garcia is fighting a random imo bro

Comment

WTF? Gesta is not viable at this stage if his career. This is the same kind of look good fight to set up the bigger fight as Tank is taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  This is a proper move for KingRy to "stay busy!" Gesta is a 35 yr. old fighter who has lost at the Championship level! Plus the fight is at 140!

Tank should've never picked Hector Luis Garcia! Garcia is a 31 yr. old Olympian, and has been successful at the Championship level! I got a bad feeling (for Tank) on that one!
                  I have a great feeling for Tank on this fight. He picked an Olympian with a major belt as a tune up for the biggest fight of his career. Shows you the character this guy has. My man!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
                    Tank isnt fighting a random . The guy is coming off of an upset , undefeated, and a former Olympian. I like Gesta but he’s nothing more than a body at this point. Hes 35 coming off of a layoff. Sounds like Garcia is fighting a random imo bro
                    I’m talking in terms of preparation for Garcia vs Davis.

Comment

Working...
                    X