Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington To Consider Retirement if He Can't Win Lara Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington To Consider Retirement if He Can't Win Lara Rematch

Josh Warrington say he does not remember the punches that knocked him down against Mauricio Lara, but says that he felt clear-headed when he was allowed to continue in the fight. The former IBF featherweight champion was knocked out by Lara, a little-known Mexican, in the ninth round at Wembley this month. He had been heavily knocked down in the fourth round, prompting criticism of Howard Foster, the referee, and Sean O'Hagan, Warrington's father and trainer, for not stopping it earlier.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tony Thompson.

Comment

Wow dude, he had a nice career, one loss, or even one guy with his number, is no reason to quit. WTF War?

Comment

He could always become a new city tour guide for the **** hole that is Leeds.

Comment

I'd never argue with a fighter who'd decided it was time to get out. Warrington certainly took enough damage in that fight. I can see the argument that says maybe it's just a fighter that has his number, but realistically if he loses to Lara a second time it suggests other fights at the level Warrington wants to be competing at would result in further beatings.

Comment

If he can't beat him he probably should retire. That was a bad looking L. I was so sure Warrington would win that fight I wasn't watching or even checking for updates on SM or even go to Boxrec once I knew it was likely over.

Comment

Working...
            X