Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi: 'Does Ryan Garcia Just Like Being Famous?'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi: 'Does Ryan Garcia Just Like Being Famous?'

By logging a 21-year career that included 56 fights, the piling up of 366 rounds and the glory of standing as world lightweight champion from 2014-2018, Jorge Linares fully understands the demands of boxing. So when he inspects the carnival ride that Ryan Garcia has brought to the lead-up of his Saturday WBC 140-pound title shot at unbeaten champion Devin Haney, Linares is beyond befuddled.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-18-2024, 02:04 PM.

Let's see in what round Garcia quits this time.

Comment

I think there is truth to Ryan just liking being famous.

I think Ryan has very good boxing potential but its a lot of work to hone that potential from where a lot of guys with potential can go & where those few guys with that hardwork & dediction ethic can go. And Ryan likes being famous more than he likes boxing or to work at boxing so hes NEVER getting to that place few guys go to, but he can coast his way to a very high level still.

I've said for a long time now I think Ryan is gone before hes 30 cuz he doesn't love this game & there are easier paths to money for him especially if he leaves boxing after a few more big fights & amassing 100m+ from boxing which after Saturday he might be 40%-50% towards already at age 25.

Comment

- Just keep ticket prices dropping like a rock so that I can attend this event........

Comment

pretty clear his number 1 passion is social media ahead of boxing

Comment

I've been saying this for awhile and I remember Victor Ortiz was the same way: Garcia "want's to be famous for boxing not from boxing"
            Example being people will say, "oh he's that guy that used to box" not "he's one of the best boxers there is/was"
            Last edited by Antony916; 04-18-2024, 01:21 PM.
            Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Antony916 View Post
              I've been saying this for awhile and I remember Victor Ortiz was the same way: Garcia "want's to be famous for boxing not from boxing"
              Example being people will say, "oh he's that guy that used to box" not "he's one of the best boxers there is/was"
              Good comparison. A lot of similarities with those two.
              Antony916 Antony916 likes this.

Comment

How much is Malignaggi getting paid to talk non stop about a fight that is about to bomb out?

Comment

Working...
                X